• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ken Charles tries to pick a fight with WQAM & WAXY

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/981936.html

Joe Bell is always a great quip in these stories.

I heard Sedano today, he blasted him pretty good. Called him a scorned lover ;D

WAXY is allegedly turning his comments into a promotion.

Ultimately, I guess Charles in Charge got what he wants right? People talking about his station. Don't know how much that'll help. Didn't do JCR any good.

940 has a great signal...I think there'd be a better use for it than being the #3 sports station (sorry 640 and 1400)...and 3rd is what they'll be unless WAXY elects to flip formats...and I don't see that happening.

Change the format to News/Talk and change the call letters back to WNWS.

I thought Ken Charles was in Houston

I actually like what he's done with 940...love Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick!

DJ Oldschool said:
I actually like what he's done with 940...love Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick!

Why didn't you like those shows the last couple of years when they were JCR stations? Ken Charles hasn't done anything that the buffoon Steve Lapa hasn't tried.

That's a valid question. I think the JCR stations have been so bad for so long that I just quit listening to them.

is JCR 640?

I enjoy some national shows, but I don't understand why they don't have more local shows? Why only have national shows when they have some guys on the air, but just not all the time.

Is it b/c of money?

yup. National is "free." you just clear the spots in the network program.
But it IS cool they are playing every Yankees game. How can they do that with the Marlins in the market?

JCR's radio stationsjhere are technically Palm Beach stations so they are in a different market, allowing them to broadcast the Yankees games. Good move for them, one of their only good decisions they've made.

roxy23 said:
JCR's radio stationsjhere are technically Palm Beach stations so they are in a different market, allowing them to broadcast the Yankees games. Good move for them, one of their only good decisions they've made.

I guess even a blind squirrel find s a nut.

IMO, Ken Charles, or Kenron as Jorge Sedano called him seems to know how to build a low-budget radio show with a strong lineup. But people I know at CC say he's clueless how to manage people, and is a total corporate soldier. For example, getting rid of JMP in the middle of the Heat playoff season and replacing him with Mark Morgan or Mike Morgan(whatever his name is) has to be one of the dumber decisions in South Florida radio history.

Also, the imaging at 940 is stale. Nobody has more balls than us, that's just lame. And I swear they haven't updated their promos once since the station was launched.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom