• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDEE LP Highlighted in Sacramento Bee

This station was cited by the FCC September 12, 2019 for not being at the correct transmitter site. They have yet to correct their licensed coordinated to reflect the actual site.

They definitely pick and choose their transmitter sites, IMO. I live about 60 miles away from Sacramento, and have noticed after about 2:00pm on most weekdays and all weekend until early Monday AM they turn into a real flamethrower. When they run their “licensed” transmitter, they peter out about 10-15 miles out in any direction. I have also mentioned in the past some sponsorships that basically sound like commercials.

Despite this alleged rule-breaking, they have a slick sound and really fill an underserved niche. They put far more effort into it than many licensed commercial stations out here. I’d suggest they go after the upcoming 300B auction or acquire one of the many translators out there. Perhaps transfer the LPFM to a friendly group that may play by the rules a bit better. It could be a win-win for everyone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom