• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDAY and KDEY not perfectly synchronized

I noticed that the 93.5’s are not perfectly synchronized. They’re about a half second off, which is annoying in the areas where both interfere with each other.

I noticed that the 93.5’s are not perfectly synchronized. They’re about a half second off, which is annoying in the areas where both interfere with each other.
They just did an extensive research on this very issue. They tested BOTH kdey and KDAY and tried their best to get it in sync together. The testing happened a couple of years ago.

They just did an extensive research on this very issue. They tested BOTH kdey and KDAY and tried their best to get it in sync together. The testing happened a couple of years ago.
I would imagine that the signals would be hard to synchronize in the fringe areas of their signals most prone to multipath distortion. I heard there's been situations where on frequency booster stations that the engineers thought would fill in the weak areas their coverage area, had to be reduced in power or even shut off in certain instances due to issues with synchronization due to multipath distortion.

It's too bad they can't trade both their signals in for one large signal with a similar coverage area, by understand they're short spaced to 93.1 and 93.9.

I'm surprised they won't put KDAY on the 105.9 signal and move KPWR to 93.5. This might discourage any potential competition; where another signal might try doing what KDAY is doing on a full power signal. I wonder if the management is happy with how much money KPWR is bringing in.

I'm surprised they won't put KDAY on the 105.9 signal and move KPWR to 93.5. This might discourage any potential competition; where another signal might try doing what KDAY is doing on a full power signal. I wonder if the management is happy with how much money KPWR is bringing in.
Ask David E. He knows the answer.

Ask David E. He knows the answer.
No, I do not know. I have a hard time understanding "stupid".

The Meruelo organization is somewhat strange: The person who was their OM who has "tons of experience" in general market and Hispanic market radio was let go... they are trying to do an 18-34 reggaetón morning show with a 50-something Mexico City night club comedian who is married to the manager of the radio group... they have let Power decline, even though some of the architects of its best years are available to consult.

Looks like the only thing they really have going for them right now is KLOS.
And even they're not doing as well as they were before. I remember reading one of the PPM ratings Analysis articles from fall 2019 and seeing they had risen as high as #6 or #7 in 25-54 back then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom