• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCSN/KSBR brand

In other words, he is thinking in terms of commercial radio formatting instead of non-commercial alternatives which, in my humble opinion is what the 88 to 92 slice of the band is supposed to be about.
And my point is that it is taxpayer funded, not donor funded. As such, it should prove that it is a valuable contribution to the community.

Los Angeles Magazine:

How the Pandemic Saved L.A.’s Best Alt-Rock Radio Station​

This is a great article and I hope it is true, but it is not consistent with less favorable information that we have discussed lately. Can anyone verify these "record ratings" (keeping in mind ratings have little to do with a public station's actual health)?

This is a great article and I hope it is true, but it is not consistent with less favorable information that we have discussed lately. Can anyone verify these "record ratings" (keeping in mind ratings have little to do with a public station's actual health)?

What we know is that prior to covid, the station announced it was looking for an "operator," similar to what KKJZ has in Long Beach. The announcement didn't say anything about a sale of the station. But it was obvious that the university wanted to make some kind of change. Ratings for a non-commercial station don't have a connection to revenue, other than giving an indication of potential membership. Quite a few similar stations around the country experienced improved listenership during covid. The next step is converting listeners into paying members, or using that listener base to attract foundation grants and other forms of sponsoship. The connection with Joe Walsh sounds like a very positive thing.

Here is a link to the discussion in 2019 about the station seeking an "operator"

Last edited:
The station has wobbled between 0.6 and 0.8 in 12+ share for the last 12 books. Since there have been format modifications prior to that period, making comparisons is not valid.

However, it had the same average in the prior 12 books, but the period ending in October 2020 it was around 0.3 and the prior year it was 0.4.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom