• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kari Lake leaving Channel 10

Lost in this is Hook and Lake were the current longest tenured primetime/nightly duo in the Valley. I'm not sure when Hook and Lake were paired together, but I moved to Phoenix in 2000 and thinking they were broadcasting together. The 4 other stations have turned over teams several times.

Lost in this is Hook and Lake were the current longest tenured primetime/nightly duo in the Valley. I'm not sure when Hook and Lake were paired together, but I moved to Phoenix in 2000 and thinking they were broadcasting together. The 4 other stations have turned over teams several times.
That probably now makes Steve Irvin and Katie Raml the longest tenured duo at this time (over 15 years, I'm guessing?).

Christina Carilla replaces Kari Lake:

Now, the question is: who will replace Christina at 7pm and 10pm? Personally, I would love to see the Linda Williams/Marc Martinez team back together again. However, I'm not sure if Linda wants to work 5 days a week.

How will they advertise the new 4/5/9 pm team? Hook and Lake had a certain ring to it. Hook and Carilla not so much! ;)

Now, the question is: who will replace Christina at 7pm and 10pm? Personally, I would love to see the Linda Williams/Marc Martinez team back together again. However, I'm not sure if Linda wants to work 5 days a week.

How will they advertise the new 4/5/9 pm team? Hook and Lake had a certain ring to it. Hook and Carilla not so much! ;)
I haven't lived in Phoenix in probably 25 years, but I remember Linda Williams. She's a pro. Surprised she never got bumped higher up in the food chain.

I'm not exactly sure just by watching one newscast, but, on a recent KSAZ newscast I watched on YouTube, Linda and Marc were together at the 10:00 p.m. hour.

It looks like Ellen McNamara will be joining the station to do Fox 10 Xtra News @ 7PM and Fox 10 News @ 10 PM

I was watching Fox News and saw an attack ad on Kari Lake.
  • Bad: she gave money to President Obama. And has a picture with him
  • Worse: she never gave money to President Trump

I was watching Fox News and saw an attack ad on Kari Lake.
  • Bad: she gave money to President Obama. And has a picture with him
  • Worse: she never gave money to President Trump
Don't broadcast stations have rules against their on-air people, especially journalists, contributing to political candidates? Sounds like a conflict of interest to me if they do so.

Don't broadcast stations have rules against their on-air people, especially journalists, contributing to political candidates? Sounds like a conflict of interest to me if they do so.
Why would participating and donating to the democratic process be considered wrong by a station's management. It's likely not legal to prohibit contributing to a campaign, although perhaps limits could be put on an on-air person actually campaigning or endorsing.

At a group of stations I managed i Puerto Rico, we'd match any employee's contribution to their party up to a specific amount to encourage interest in the democratic process. They did not have to reveal the party, and the match was on the "honor system".

Why would participating and donating to the democratic process be considered wrong by a station's management. It's likely not legal to prohibit contributing to a campaign, although perhaps limits could be put on an on-air person actually campaigning or endorsing.
I know CBS News has restrictions on its employees political activities. There is definitely a ban on their staff endorsing candidates, not sure how they treat donations.

I'm not sure about any of the local station groups. Given how little I see in the way of political endorsements from TV newscasters, I assume that is not kosher with most of the station groups.

I know CBS News has restrictions on its employees political activities. There is definitely a ban on their staff endorsing candidates, not sure how they treat donations.

I'm not sure about any of the local station groups. Given how little I see in the way of political endorsements from TV newscasters, I assume that is not kosher with most of the station groups.
I spent 40+ years in print media. At all of the papers that employed me, we in the editorial department (editors, reporters, columnists) were expressly prohibited from working for the election of or endorsing a political candidate, which included such things as putting bumper stickers on our cars supporting any candidate or wearing candidate buttons or T-shirts. Of course, we could vote, and did.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom