• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kari Lake drama

Not only will she not be fired after that outburst, she'll probably be promoted. Anyone who says that Fox News and the Fox O&O news departments aren't connected is fooling themselves. Especially in Phoenix.

Not only will she not be fired after that outburst, she'll probably be promoted. Anyone who says that Fox News and the Fox O&O news departments aren't connected is fooling themselves. Especially in Phoenix.

I don't watch Fox News but do watch KSAZ's morning show (which does limited news coverage - mostly car wrecks, house fires and shootings in the metro area) but I haven't seen the type of slanted news that people complain about on Fox News.

I don't watch Fox News but do watch KSAZ's morning show (which does limited news coverage - mostly car wrecks, house fires and shootings in the metro area) but I haven't seen the type of slanted news that people complain about on Fox News.

Rick D'Amico didn't hold back on his slant on his Facebook page. It wouldn't surprise me that all of the news department there is right wing. Some are just better at hiding it.
I'm surprised that Fox News hasn't called her up to the big leagues. I just don't think she would look good as a blonde.

Rick D'Amico didn't hold back on his slant on his Facebook page. It wouldn't surprise me that all of the news department there is right wing. Some are just better at hiding it.

I don't follow talking heads on social media mostly because I don't care what their personal opinions are. I liked Rick and was very disappointed when he retired (but, being the same age, completely understand). He was a grumpy old codger like me but we probably differ in our political views - I can deal with that. In most cases I thought Rick's opinions, political or otherwise, were pretty humorous. I haven't yet seen his replacement, Troy Barrett, make some of the comments that Rick made. Probably normal due to Rick's (assumed) to-hell-with-it career point. I got pretty loud at my last employer too before heading out the door.

What I'm saying is that I think KSAZ does a pretty good job of covering local news and stays away from the hit pieces that are a trademark of Faux Noos.

Getting back on subject: I noticed the past two evenings that Kristy Seifkin has replaced Kari Lake on KSAZ's promos. That was quick!

Lake needs to understand, as she certainly should by now, that she represents her employer, a very visible one no less, and she is a journalist - at least that is her billing. Journalists should report the news, not make it or influence it. She clearly did both.

She needs to keep her personal opinions to herself as long as she is in this job just as (I think) Rick D'Amico did (and he wasn't billed as a journalist).

And BTW, the article linked has one significant statement wrong. Lake is quoted as using the F word in reference to the NY Times. Then in the subsequent paragraph she goes off again but that statement was directed at the Phoenix New Times (which wasn't referenced) and not the NY Times.

And I really don't care...I watch more of 3TV/CBS5. However, I do care about objectivity in journalism. Journalists, of course, have a right to have a personal opinion, as long as it does not cloud their objectivity. Social media seems to be a tricky area for some journalists. How about refraining from stating opinion on social media if you are a journalist. Use it to "promote" stories from your newscast without political commentary? That's what professionals do!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom