• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KAIL-TV Fresno

If you rescan your TV, you'll find a new 53.1 "My53". The call sign is KMSG. It appears Cocola may have taken over the programming. Family Guy and some shows that were on KAIL 7.1 are on the new channel.

If you rescan your TV, you'll find a new 53.1 "My53". The call sign is KMSG. It appears Cocola may have taken over the programming. Family Guy and some shows that were on KAIL 7.1 are on the new channel.

Yes good thing to save Fresno TV, good thing KMSG is a full power station, now to get Cable and Sat. coverage, Xfinity has spots open for new local HD channels 710, 714, but I think it belongs on 713, Sat service dish and direct channel 53 is still KAIL 7.1, need to fix that, thanks to Gary Cocola for saving history Fresno TV and Radio "KKDJ".

Rabbit Ears has yet to update info on KMSG. It still shows a KMSG-LD on virtual 43 but not as a My Network TV affiliate. Their website is up, though.

Last edited:
I'm only one year late with this ... sorry.

Gary Cocola and I are professional acquaintances and I had asked him about this a year ago. He is leasing a KMSG subchannel to KAIL's former owner (who happens to be the grandson of Chester Smith, who founded KLOC-TV/19 in Modesto, for those who dote on such trivia) to continue the KAIL programming lost when he sold the station to TCT.

An after-the-fact self-correction: Gary leased a subchannel to Joshua Castro on KGMC/43, not KMSG/39.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom