• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KABC come the fall???

With Mark Davis being joining Sean Hannity and Larry Elder on ABC'S syndicated Talk net, will KABC dump O'Reilly come Labor Day? If Bill O does get the boot from KABC, where can he go in LA?

> With Mark Davis being joining Sean Hannity and Larry Elder
> on ABC'S syndicated Talk net, will KABC dump O'Reilly come
> Labor Day? If Bill O does get the boot from KABC, where can
> he go in LA?

He'll have to broker something like he does everywhere else. If he wanted to pay, I'm sure KRLA would open their door.

Although it's likely Davis will be on KABC, he obviously won't be live on WABC due to Rush. However, I don't believe they'll dump local talker Mark Levin or Laura Ingraham to clear their own show (as they don't clear Elder). There's no guarantee KABC will air him, although it's probably a safe bet.

> > With Mark Davis being joining Sean Hannity and Larry Elder
>
> > on ABC'S syndicated Talk net, will KABC dump O'Reilly come
>
> > Labor Day? If Bill O does get the boot from KABC, where
> can
> > he go in LA?
>
> He'll have to broker something like he does everywhere else.
> If he wanted to pay, I'm sure KRLA would open their door.

No chance KRLA clears O'Reilly live. That's Prager time! Maybe KRLA would put O'Reilly on at 9 p.m. after Savage, but he's not sneaking in before noon.

> No chance KRLA clears O'Reilly live. That's Prager time!
> Maybe KRLA would put O'Reilly on at 9 p.m. after Savage, but
> he's not sneaking in before noon.

Yes, I forgot Prager is in LA. But O'Reilly isn't accustomed to live clearances in the other huge markets (save KABC now), so I'm sure WW1 would settle for knocking off The Good Neighbor Pharmacy show at 9pm, or whatever else they're brokering now.

> Yes, I forgot Prager is in LA. But O'Reilly isn't accustomed
> to live clearances in the other huge markets (save KABC
> now), so I'm sure WW1 would settle for knocking off The Good
> Neighbor Pharmacy show at 9pm, or whatever else they're
> brokering now.

Ummmmm, KRLA isn't a Westwood One/Infinity station, they're owned by Salem ...
<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

His show is syndicated by Westwood One. He is saying WWI would have to be satisfied with the non-live clearance.

BTW, chasing O'Reilly off of ABC in favor of Mark Davis would be a BAD move for KABC. The only reason they get any cred at all in this KFI-dominated conservative talk world is that they actually have O'Reilly and Hannity, the two biggest stars at Fox News, the leader in cable news. KFI brands itself with Fox News, but it is KABC that has their stars.

> > Yes, I forgot Prager is in LA. But O'Reilly isn't
> accustomed
> > to live clearances in the other huge markets (save KABC
> > now), so I'm sure WW1 would settle for knocking off The
> Good
> > Neighbor Pharmacy show at 9pm, or whatever else they're
> > brokering now.
>
> Ummmmm, KRLA isn't a Westwood One/Infinity station, they're
> owned by Salem ...
>

> His show is syndicated by Westwood One. He is saying WWI
> would have to be satisfied with the non-live clearance.

I must have been confused by the syntax:

> I'm sure WW1 would settle for knocking off The
> > Good
> > > Neighbor Pharmacy show at 9pm, or whatever else they're
> > > brokering now.

That sounded like he was talking about KRLA, not the syndicator.
<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

O'Reilly hasn't exactly shot up the ratings charts since joining KABC. His show still sucks. For some reason he refused to the radio version of his TV show and has spent the last couple of years using the radio show to promote his TV show.

Losing O'Reilly is not a loss for KABC. Hannity is the big hitter on radio and he is locked in at KABC. Sadly KABC is likely to make a "John & Ken"-like move over again if they move O'Reilly out. I would expect some sort of has been to be in that spot. Probaby Prager or Michael Jackson.

The better move would have been to have kept Whitman on KABC and bring Conway over. They could do a show that might actually compete with Rush Limbaugh...more of a counterprogramming move.

I would also expect that Infinity is using all of these auditions on KLSX to find a Stern replacment and possibly find talk shows for KFWB. With David G. Hall in charge I still believe 980 could go talk.

> His show is syndicated by Westwood One. He is saying WWI
> would have to be satisfied with the non-live clearance.
>
> BTW, chasing O'Reilly off of ABC in favor of Mark Davis
> would be a BAD move for KABC. The only reason they get any
> cred at all in this KFI-dominated conservative talk world is
> that they actually have O'Reilly and Hannity, the two
> biggest stars at Fox News, the leader in cable news. KFI
> brands itself with Fox News, but it is KABC that has their
> stars.
>
> > > Yes, I forgot Prager is in LA. But O'Reilly isn't
> > accustomed
> > > to live clearances in the other huge markets (save KABC
> > > now), so I'm sure WW1 would settle for knocking off The
> > Good
> > > Neighbor Pharmacy show at 9pm, or whatever else they're
> > > brokering now.
> >
> > Ummmmm, KRLA isn't a Westwood One/Infinity station,
> they're
> > owned by Salem ...
> >
>

> O'Reilly hasn't exactly shot up the ratings charts since
> joining KABC. His show still sucks. For some reason he
> refused to the radio version of his TV show and has spent
> the last couple of years using the radio show to promote his
> TV show.
>
> Losing O'Reilly is not a loss for KABC. Hannity is the big
> hitter on radio and he is locked in at KABC. Sadly KABC is
> likely to make a "John & Ken"-like move over again if they
> move O'Reilly out. I would expect some sort of has been to
> be in that spot. Probaby Prager or Michael Jackson.
>
> The better move would have been to have kept Whitman on KABC
> and bring Conway over. They could do a show that might
> actually compete with Rush Limbaugh...more of a
> counterprogramming move.
>
> I would also expect that Infinity is using all of these
> auditions on KLSX to find a Stern replacment and possibly
> find talk shows for KFWB. With David G. Hall in charge I
> still believe 980 could go talk.

Infinity isn't going to change the format at KFWB. It makes way too much money. They need to cut loose the Dodger contract and return to all news or do as CNN and Headline News are doing - news on one network as the other does a talk show. But, during Primetime, neither has news at the same time.

KABC has a conservative morning show host (as bad as he is for morning drive, I'm sad to say). You can't sandwich a liberal host such as Brian Whitman (who didn't know the issues of the day well and needed to leave a long time ago) in between him and Hannity. It's just plain stupid.

Dennis Prager has a long term contract with Salem. He isn't coming to KABC. And anyone who wants an old fart like Michael Jackson better be ready to sell to the 65 to dead demo.

KABC has a commitment to air Paul Harvey. So don't expect anything to change. Remember, he's on at 11:48 AM.

KLSX most likely won't have a LOCAL host. So no need to bring any of the losers that have been thought of for KLSX over to KFWB or KNX. David G. Hall has nothing to do with the KLSX Stern replacement anyway.

> Since he only does 2 hours and everybody else does 3, it's
> also a pain in the a** to schedule his show...
>

for KABC it's near perfect since it give them a place to air Paul Harvey just before Noon. And since it's an ABC O&O Harvey isn't leaving the KABC schedule until he croaks...

davis is going to be on weekdays not just saturdays? maybe they will dump Mr kabc or run davis against Art Bell??

> davis is going to be on weekdays not just saturdays? maybe
> they will dump Mr kabc or run davis against Art Bell??
>
I doubt it. They still make it a point of being 'live and local' at night. They're not going to start running taped shows now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom