• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K296GB vs. KUTZ

Has anyone else noticed this station?

I'm surprised iHeart didn't fight this application. KUTZ is a new LPFM broadcasting on 107.1 off a 33' tower in West Sacramento at 99 watts. It appears they are just over the minimum spacing for K296GB. Prior to this LPFM, I was able to receive K296GB nearly to Davis on a car radio.

Some background:
KUTZ initially applied for LPFM on 92.1, fully spaced to KMJE/Placerville, yet in actuality within the KMJE's 70 dBu coverage area. KMJE rightfully petitioned this application which was ultimately denied by the FCC on the basis of the KMJE signal and resultant co-channel interference based on Longely-Rice models. KMJE's technical analysis recommended KUTZ instead utilize 106.9, however due to second adjacent protection to KUDL, KUTZ requested to move their tower location 8.6 km to West Sacramento and operate on fully-spaced 107.1 (thanks to KLVS moving west since KUTZ's 2014 application).

What you're left with is a dogfight mess on 107.1 in the downtown/midtown area. This had to have slipped under iHeart's radar.

They know/knew. Not anything legit that could be done about it. Meets the rules...

Has anyone else noticed this station?

I'm surprised iHeart didn't fight this application. KUTZ is a new LPFM broadcasting on 107.1 off a 33' tower in West Sacramento at 99 watts. It appears they are just over the minimum spacing for K296GB. Prior to this LPFM, I was able to receive K296GB nearly to Davis on a car radio.

Some background:
KUTZ initially applied for LPFM on 92.1, fully spaced to KMJE/Placerville, yet in actuality within the KMJE's 70 dBu coverage area. KMJE rightfully petitioned this application which was ultimately denied by the FCC on the basis of the KMJE signal and resultant co-channel interference based on Longely-Rice models. KMJE's technical analysis recommended KUTZ instead utilize 106.9, however due to second adjacent protection to KUDL, KUTZ requested to move their tower location 8.6 km to West Sacramento and operate on fully-spaced 107.1 (thanks to KLVS moving west since KUTZ's 2014 application).

What you're left with is a dogfight mess on 107.1 in the downtown/midtown area. This had to have slipped under iHeart's radar.

They know/knew. Not anything legit that could be done about it. Meets the rules...

The FM dial is going to crap.

And this explains why "The Brew" at iHeart went sour. Makes total sense now, neither of these stations have any future.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom