• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K229CL - 93.7

The Albuquerque translator K229CL went silent on 1 January. And Sta letter was issued on 11 March. The letter gives the translator 180 days to come back on the area. If my counting is right, the would have been 11 September. I don't get into Albuquerque very often. Have they come back on the air or are they still silent. There is no indication in the FCC database as to their current status.

93.7 is still off the air while the STA expired on September 7. But it was mentioned in an earlier thread that the owner of Telebeeper of NM passed away a few months ago. So the situation there is complicated. It is now under a family estate while in between client stations and a license renewal period. I'm not sure what the legal issue would be right now since they did not file an extension. I suppose it will eventually be transferred to a new licensee at some point.

Actually I know of a few stations that 'forgot' to request their extension at the end of 180 days. In these instances the stations returned before the 365 day silence period caused their license to 'go away'. They simply wrote letters stating the resumption date. I never heard of one getting fined or admonished.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom