• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K Love finds its way into Tulsa

I read that David Ingles is selling 88.1 KDIM to EMF bringing a full market signal to the Tulsa market. I'm not sure how KXOJ will respond but K Love is bound to take over this signal instead of Air One. I would assume 103.7 and 95.9 will keep the format due to coverage those signals provide.

I read that David Ingles is selling 88.1 KDIM to EMF bringing a full market signal to the Tulsa market. I'm not sure how KXOJ will respond but K Love is bound to take over this signal instead of Air One. I would assume 103.7 and 95.9 will keep the format due to coverage those signals provide.

While it’s certainly possible K-Love will be on 88.1, I don’t think you can necessarily rule out Air1 going there. When you look at KWRI's signal, KDIM fits it like a glove. Their directional patterns complement each other almost perfectly.

I never understood why Ingles wanted KDIM. It covers next-to-nothing that KNYD doesn’t. I’m really surprised he took this long to sell it.

My guess is KDIM 88.1 becomes Air1 and KWRI 89.1 and its translators at 98.9 and 106.5 change to K-Love. That is because the first format EMF brought to Tulsa was Air1 likely because of the presence of KXOJ. K-Love came later.

But it is possible KDIM 88.1 becomes K-Love because KXOJ is commercial. It may depend on what format now, Air1 or K-Love has the better ratings in Tulsa for EMF.

Further evidence that EMF should have their tax exempt status revoked.
Why? They perfectly conform to the qualifications required for that status as they put all funds back into the organization and are constantly expanding both the radio operation as well as the outreach activities ranging from the call center to local support groups.

None of the key people are in any way overpaid, and they are efficient fund raisers. They are, in fact, a model for a good non-profit religious organization.

My guess is KDIM 88.1 becomes Air1 and KWRI 89.1 and its translators at 98.9 and 106.5 change to K-Love. That is because the first format EMF brought to Tulsa was Air1 likely because of the presence of KXOJ. K-Love came later.
Just as I guessed in August, 89.1 with new call letters KKLB along with Tulsa translators at 98.9 and 106.5 have flipped to K-Love.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom