• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

John "Ozone" Osterlind

Worked with John @WCCC. He invited me to WAAF. Met with him @JazzFest/New Orleans. One-of-a-kind, unique, fascinating, indescribable, compelling Radio

Before WCCC became a Christian outlet, they never could figure out what format they wanted to have, their rock format and signal couldn't compete with WHCN and WPLR, they actually tried to do an all request format in the early 70s that was different. I remember WAAF in Worcester when I would drive up that way "The Air Force"

Last edited by a moderator:
Before WCCC became a Christian outlet, they never could figure out what format they wanted to have, their rock format and signal couldn't compete with WHCN and WPLR, they actually tried to do an all request format in the early 70s that was different. I remember WAAF in Worcester when I would drive up that way "The Air Force"
I don't think WCCC-FM had an identity problem, at last not for the 12+ years starting around 1998 when they were "The Rock." WHCN and WPLR certainly had a better signal in New Haven due to their down state transmitters locations (Meriden and Hamden, respectively), but WCCC-FM's 23,000 watts from Avon Mountain provided good coverage, not only of Central CT but much farther. They had regular listeners on the CT shore and in southern Vermont.

I don't think WCCC-FM had an identity problem, at last not for the 12+ years starting around 1998 when they were "The Rock." WHCN and WPLR certainly had a better signal in New Haven due to their down state transmitters locations (Meriden and Hamden, respectively), but WCCC-FM's 23,000 watts from Avon Mountain provided good coverage, not only of Central CT but much farther. They had regular listeners on the CT shore and in southern Vermont.
They were king during the Stern years.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom