• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JIMBO - HOW'S things in SD

NODAKER

Inactive
Inactive User
Been a while since I checked this board...noticed you had posted so I thought I'd send a hello and find out how things have been in the radio world in SD. I've been traveling a lot so haven't kept up on the things back in the uppper midwest. How's that station B102 sounding? See you've been listening to a lot of AM radio, KOTA and KDSJ, so I can assume things on the FM side haven't been great.

well take care from the world of upper PI in MI

Re: Nodaker - things in SD

Hi Nodaker,

Pretty quiet on the SD board so I don't check it very often. B102 still playing wide open greatest hits. Just heard Lyin' Eyes, Eli's Coming, Born on Bayou, 5th of Beethoven, Baby Don't Go, Blueberry Hill as I type this. They play a live version of "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" which makes me want to stop by their studio and offer to help with the music library.

As an old guy I'd still take B102 over anything else in Rapid City. They make an effort to keep it live and local.
They still play those sweepers which seem to "phase out" on mono. You hear the first part fine ("this one has all the songs your remember") but the local voice tag ("everyday every hour B102") virtually disappears on the mono receiver.

I really have not much attention to the other FM's. For music I spend more time with XM and Sirius. Do you think the feds will approve that XM-Sirius merger?

I noticed the Arbitron 12+ ratings have been embargoed again for Rapid City. I don't think I've seen anything more recent than 2005 on All Access. I was mildly curious to know that station at 106.3 was doing better after dumping their on-air staff and going with an Ipod. I think it's called Max. I guess it's a carbon of that Jack format. And naturally I was curious to see how well KFMH was doing.

BTW, you're missing some super nice weather for early March in the Black Hills. It hit 70 today. Those poor schlubs in East River must be jealous. ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom