• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jeff and Jer on Sophie?

The press release posted by SDRadio.net indicates that CBS is targeting a female demo, 25-35, with what is essentially a Modern leaning AC. If memory servies me, that was what Star100.7 was, then My94.1, and now Star94.1

Which of course begs the question; Seeing how that's the demo, will CBS try to swing Jeff and Jer over? They must be betting on the fact that Clear-Channel may not be as willing with the next Jeff and Jer contract (since CC is going private).

Unless they have :) DAVE SMILEY :), Jeff and Jer, or maybe Anita Rush lined up, I don't see this station making a dent against Star94-1. Add to that 94/9, 91X, Rock105 and KPRI, I really don't see this station lasting more than 14 months.

Say way what you want about Jeff and Jer, they get results and bring in their target.

I wonder what station Laura Cain will be on next?

CBS seems to be in a mode of "radio on the cheap" and they have owned 103.7 long enough that they can turn a profit without having to have a blockbuster act. Jeff and Jer are an expensive act and the CBS building in San Diego does not have the room to accomodate all of those people and egos: they'd have to spend a bundle moving or trying to figure out how to cram more studios and offices into that building.

Then they are doomed. They will have a hard time doing a Top40'sh format without talen, especially in a market like San Diego which thrives on it. Unless they have a Dave Smiley, or unless they can grow the talent they have, they are doomed.

As I recall, my Dave had a successful morning show in San Diego, that ran on 3 different stations, and had two successful drive time shows before that. Nearly all of these were Hot AC's, and he would fit right into the Alice format, except that I suspect that Sophie will have all female day and night parts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom