• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It's Gonna Be May! Let's Check the March 2024 Ratings!

The Top 10:
  1. WZAK-FM "93.1 WZAK", 10.5, +1.3 over last month
  2. WMJI-FM "Majic 105.7", 8.8, +0.2 over last month
  3. WNCX-FM "98.5 WNCX", 8.0, -0.4 over last month
  4. WMMS-FM "100.7 WMMS", 7.4, +1.0 over last month
  5. WKSU-FM "Ideastream/NPR", 7.2, +1.2 over last month
  6. WHLK-FM "106.5 The Lake", 7.1, -1.1 over last month
  7. WGAR-FM "99.5 WGAR", 6.6, -0.9 over last month
  8. WDOK-FM "Cleveland's Star 102", 5.5, -0.9 over last month
  9. WTAM-AM "Newsradio WTAM 1100", 5.4, -0.4 over last month
  10. WKRK-FM "Sports Radio 92.3 The Fan", 4.3, +0.6 over last month
For those of us that kept saying, "hey, iHeart, flip KISS and REAL to get better ratings," neither of them are in the top 10, and both pulled in 1.6 in March, a drop for KISS and a slight gain for REAL, so it'd be pulling in the same numbers, whether it was top 40 or hip-hop/R&B.

Edit: Actually, to iHeart's credit, this could be a city-of-license issue, but 96.5 KISS-FM and 98.1 WKDD are neck-and-neck in Akron's ratings, both drawing in 3.1 and 3.4 respectively back in March, a gain of 0.2 and 0.3 for both stations...

Lance includes cume numbers with his Nielsen roundups.
What strikes me about WKSU is that they are now experiencing the highest rating shares in their history per @Huff , but their cume is very, very low. Even KISS FM beats them on cume.

I believe these are March numbers, so I don't think it would be Guardians. Maybe Cavs.
Aha, you are probably right. When the current WMMS carries some kind of sports play-by-play, they get into the 7s. Without them, they are usually down around the 5s.

Last edited:
They don't carry spring training games? WAKR does.
Flagship-wise, WTAM has exclusivity on spring training and early afternoon games. I don't believe WMMS has ever carried either?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom