• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is The NY Daily News Radio Column Gone?

I have not seen it in quite some time. David Hinckley, the reporter who had been writing for years about local radio, continues to cover TV doings in this area for the tabloid.
Perhaps that is an indication of declining interest in radio, among the general public.
Hinckley's radio column has generally been quite interesting and well written.

Barry said:
I have not seen it in quite some time. David Hinckley, the reporter who had been writing for years about local radio, continues to cover TV doings in this area for the tabloid.
Perhaps that is an indication of declining interest in radio, among the general public.
Hinckley's radio column has generally been quite interesting and well written.

I'll share with you what I emailed David some time ago .....

to dhinckley
show details May 26

"I always wait for your radio reports, I've noticed lately you don't report each months ratings and less radio columns as well, i wish you would start again on a daily basis . Thanks.

His response:

Hinckley, David to me
show details May 26

Thanks for the email. I try to write on radio as often as space is available for it.

I've noticed David is giving a lot less space and attention to radio lately. It seems like this is happening all over. I used to make a point of following columnists who write about radio and news stories about radio in the websites of major newspapers. Some columnists are gone. Some are reassigned. Nobody seems to cover radio beyond publishing an occasional press release. Maybe people are less interested. Maybe newspapers are less interested. Which is the chicken and which is the egg?

To be honest, for those of us that do care about radio, you can find things out quicker in forums like this.

But I do owe David Hinckley a HUGE amount of thanks! When we started the coalition back in 1994 and sent out newsletters, he wrote about us. It wasn't the fact that Dave talked about radio in an industry perspective, but he also talked about the fans that follow radio. In the case of those that didn't have a station representing their tastes, Dave wrote about that, for dance fans, country music fans, jazz fans and the oldies fans (during the time "Jack" was on CBS-FM).

I will always read his articles whenever he writes them.

Thank you!

I liked His articles. I hope he continues. I am interested in radio and TV.

Thanks David for all you do :) I will continue to read when I see them.

I live in Delaware and I have been reading the Daily News especially for his column. I have listened to NYC stations since the 1960's (WABC, WOR, WNNNNNBC, etc.) and loved keeping up on the gossip.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom