• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Piolin still on The Radio?

Maybe this should be a national radio topic but since he was on 102.9 KLTN one time.

Is he still on the radio? I follow him on instagram and on YouTube, all his live videos looks like if he was in a closet recording and always sweating 😓.
He’s never in a studio,

Maybe this should be a national radio topic but since he was on 102.9 KLTN one time.

Is he still on the radio? I follow him on instagram and on YouTube, all his live videos looks like if he was in a closet recording and always sweating 😓.
He’s never in a studio,
Piolín is in Entravision stations, mostly La Suavecita affiliates, on middays as a companion piece to El Genio Lucas in mornings.

Raul Brindis seems to be broadcasting from the studios of Televisaunivision
That is because he is employed by TelevisaUnivision!

Ok, Piolin is employed by Entravision. So Entravision doesn’t have studios?
How is Raúl Bryinis at TelevisaUnivision related to Entravisión?

All the "big shows" in Spanish radio, from El Genio Lucas to Piolín to Chiquibaby and don Cheto (for those who think I did not capitalize, "don" is a title like "sir" and is not capitalized) have been and can be originated from their home, the station HQ or any other remote location. With the ability to "watch" messages and cues on screen, it is not at all important where a talent is unless they are talking about being in attendance at an event like a fair, concert or rodeo.

all his live videos looks like if he was in a closet recording and always sweating 😓.
A closet could be the only place in his house where he can get uninterrupted privacy. His computer (and other equipment) are likely producing a lot of heat. Couple that with the fact that most closets don't have any A/C vents and it probably feels like a Phoenix summer in there.

Nothing wrong with sweat. It's a little weird to point it out IMO.
He’s never in a studio,
He doesn't have to be in one anymore. Lots of people have switched to working from home permanently.

How is Raúl Bryinis at TelevisaUnivision related to Entravisión?

All the "big shows" in Spanish radio, from El Genio Lucas to Piolín to Chiquibaby and don Cheto (for those who think I did not capitalize, "don" is a title like "sir" and is not capitalized) have been and can be originated from their home, the station HQ or any other remote location. With the ability to "watch" messages and cues on screen, it is not at all important where a talent is unless they are talking about being in attendance at an event like a fair, concert or rodeo.
You mentioned Raul works for Televisaunivision. I replied Piolin in Entrevasion.

You mentioned Raul works for Televisaunivision. I replied Piolin in Entrevasion.
Now I understand even less of what you are asking.

You originally said,
1699404878557.png
What does that have to do with Piolín who was fired by Univision?

I am trying to say, If Raul Brindis works in a studio, why doesn’t Piolin work in a studio? Even though it’s a different company. It was just a question.

I am trying to say, If Raul Brindis works in a studio, why doesn’t Piolin work in a studio?
It could that the Entravision and Univision have different policies. The local Univision engineer has confirmed on this board that Raul Brindis does occasionally do his show remotely. So it likely comes down to personal choice.

If you and your coworkers were given a choice to work from home, your choice may not be the same as that of your coworkers.

I am trying to say, If Raul Brindis works in a studio, why doesn’t Piolin work in a studio? Even though it’s a different company. It was just a question.
Bryndis has a broadcast quality studio in his home and has for well over a decade. A "studio" does not have to be at the office location to be a studio. It can be anywhere, and doing a fine broadcast quality studio can be easily built in a person's home with proper acoustic treatments and all the best equipment.

How come one person has to work in a studio just because another does?

i've been on a station 2500 miles away every day for 3 years and im sitting in my bedroom when i do it, but im not live.. though with the advent of some new technology for us in the last 3 years, i could be

How come one person has to work in a studio just because another does?
And a "studio" is whatever you assemble to create the audio of a station. When i was in Ecuador, most of my 30 or so local competitors used PA event amplifiers as mixers and used the 30 to 200 watt outputs to drive an open wire audio "line" to the transmitter, often as much as 10 km away. It was still a studio.
i've been on a station 2500 miles away every day for 3 years and im sitting in my bedroom when i do it, but im not live.. though with the advent of some new technology for us in the last 3 years, i could be
I think Mr Tejano is thinking of studios in the 1930's and 1940's style with an engineer on the board and double plate glass windows into the room where the announcer or cast of a show were located.

Back
Top Bottom