• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Anyone Able to Locate This Lost Thread?

I remember that thread. The station to which you are referring later transitioned into a more mainstream AC format, added an FM translator, and now streams over the internet. (Not necessarily in that order.) So I am not sure that anything that he said in that thread (and I can't find it either) would still be relevant today.

I was just wanting to revisit it, since it was good reading. I thought it might've been relevant in respect to the fact that AM music radio was pretty much toast then too. :(

The number of AC and Hot AC stations on AM has increased drastically in the past decade, although virtually all are mostly just acting as parent stations for FM translators; the AM frequency is rarely or never mentioned on-air except during the hourly ID.

"demanded"?

That thread was removed at the demand of the station's owner.
Scott "demanded" that it be removed? Hoping that that was just a poor choice of words on your part. That was his thread, and nothing critical of his (now-former) station was ever posted on it. Of course, it lost relevance once he had to change formats there. But that was no reason to "demand" the removal of that thread.

Not a poor choice of words on my part. He contacted the (then) owners of this website and demanded that the thread be deleted. I was told to do it.

Not a poor choice of words on my part. He contacted the (then) owners of this website and demanded that the thread be deleted. I was told to do it.
He was known for being a bit of a loose cannon. On one hand, wanted me to do some fill-in work at his station, then later created an alter-ego on this board, for the specific purpose of harassing and stalking me. I then indeed demanded that he be removed, but he quit this site when he felt the walls closing in on him.

Still, I don't think that any of the events involving his station was anything that he could have prevented. Too many small stations have signed off for good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom