• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ion Mystery

ION/Scripps subchannels aren't carried on cable in most markets from what I've seen. I'm surprised that Scripps doesn't take advantage of retransmission consent in the markets they own full power stations to get their subchannels onto cable.

On COX Cable where I live in Connecticut they picked up the national feed of Bounce TV rather than the ION Sub channel it moved to. It's not available to all subscribers unlike when it was on WTNH 8.2

Grit is no longer on COX Cable after it moved from 59.2 to the ION Sub Channel.

We now get COMET on 2 Channels 818, WCCT 20.3 which is a long time affiliate. And now on 803 which is WCTX 59.2 which replaced Grit.

COX also replaced the local Univision and UniMas stations with the national feeds.

Univision is WUVN 18.1 and UniMas is WUTH-CD Channel 47.1 and was carried on WUVN 18.3 - Entravision sold WUVN's channel space in the Spectrum Auction and WUVN is now channel sharing with WUTH-CD.

Bounce was on WOODTV on Spectrum CH: 200 in Kazoo WXMI FOX17 took Bounce to .3 is on CH: 199 where Court TV was kinda wished they kept Court TV which is on ION subchannel which Spectrum has never carried. WXSP aired when it was called Escape Court TV Mystery it is fitting that it is ION branded now.

ION/Scripps subchannels aren't carried on cable in most markets from what I've seen. I'm surprised that Scripps doesn't take advantage of retransmission consent in the markets they own full power stations to get their subchannels onto cable.
I'm not sure where you are but KPXC 59 (Ion) here in Denver has ALWAYS been on cable

As for the subchannels - Aside from Escape / Court TV Mystery / Ion Mystery, Court TV, Laff & Bounce, none of them have really been programmed 24/7

And Court TV doesn't have live programming past 10:00 PM ET & RARELY has live programming on the weekends (Maybe if it were to cover trials out of Hawaii & Guam every once in a while, that might change, I dunno 🙅‍♀️)

Plus, Newsy was originally intended to be a streaming network only before Scripps saw the potential for it to be a subchannel as well just like Court TV is & Nexstar wants NewsNation to be (Although they're going to have to pull it as a cable network if they want it to be successful IMO)

BTW - Before Court TV was exiled to 59.3 (??), it was on Nexstar-owned KWGN on 2.2 when displaced ThisTV (Nexstar mysteriously kicked it off ALL it's stations, which of course I'm sure led many on here that they would replace it with Law & Crime Network affiliations as it's not owned by a major competitor & is is largely a streaming service anyway)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom