• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Inovonics 730 RDS Tricks

I've noticed some satellite stations show the sponsor's name during commercials using RDS. I think this could be a little distracting. However I think it might be nice to display the title during weather or promos. Anyone know how to do this? Of course the RDS displays song titles and the artist for all cuts in a "music category." However if you put the promos in a music category the RDS would display the word "by" (as in Wide Awake "by" Katy Perry). Suggestions?

This would be a nice thread to post any "tricks" you use with the RDS 730 - not necessarily covered in the manual. What unique messages do you scroll across the radio?

You might want to look into TRE from Broadcast Electronics. I use that. It does what you want and it tweets my now playing info, etc... It's only around $600 for a license. I run it on the Automation computer. I know it comes from BE, but it plays nice with any automation system.

I'll second that on TRE -- great product. However, if you intend to do more than just artist/title, don't get it without the message manager. It really makes it easy for station personnel to do the RDS content management. Otherwise, you'll find yourself constantly editing the text files, which can be rather confusing.

http://www.bdcast.com/products/details/datacasting-the-radio-experience/message-manager

chriscollins said:
You might want to look into TRE from Broadcast Electronics. I use that. It does what you want and it tweets my now playing info, etc... It's only around $600 for a license. I run it on the Automation computer. I know it comes from BE, but it plays nice with any automation system.

Thanks for the suggestions. We just purchased a couple of Innovonics 730 units and are very happen with them. Just thought this might be a nice thread for people to post some the ways they use their RDS from posting weather to sports updates.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom