• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Indie 88 sold

Despite what was said in the article that Yeziknoradio linked to, could a format change be on the horizon?
This is a very good question and a tough one to answer.
There were MANY MANY applicants for this frequency when community radio station CKLN made their exit.
I honestly do not know if there is a promise of performance clause in the licence preventing just any format from airing.
Each applicant had their own unique promises.
Indie won the licence.
Just because the station has been sold doesn't grant permission to toss on any old thing like top 40 or classic hits.
Chances are very high that if they DO change the format, it'll be something not already in the market.
Easy listening is one idea. I'd love that, but I doubt they'll do that.
In the event of change, a smart person might look at all those who applied and see what might be more profitable in THAT list of applicants. (while also honoring whatever they promised to do above and beyond the usual...)

Back
Top Bottom