• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeart Greenville HD

I’ve noticed that WSSL, WESC, and WMYI have all shut their HD2’s off. I know they disappear for a bit from time to time but I know WSSL and WMYI have had theirs off for well over a month. I checked WESC today and they only have HD1. I’m 50 miles from WROO right now so I can’t check theirs as the HD won’t lock long enough. Anyone know what’s going on? The Breeze HD2 format on WSSL wasn’t bad.

I can confirm WROO-HD2 has been shut off. According to some posts on the NYC board, iHeart seems to be eliminating many HD channels other than stations that feed translators or as an on-air broadcast feeding an online stream on iHeart app to reduce royalties in an effort to eliminate confusion and reduce royalties paid. I don’t think lullabies and hit music for kids were getting anywhere in Greenville.

I can confirm WROO-HD2 has been shut off. According to some posts on the NYC board, iHeart seems to be eliminating many HD channels other than stations that feed translators or as an on-air broadcast feeding an online stream on iHeart app to reduce royalties in an effort to eliminate confusion and reduce royalties paid. I don’t think lullabies and hit music for kids were getting anywhere in Greenville.
I think they are still off. I'm actually surprised they don't put the audio from BIN 1440 on one of the now dead HD-2s. That AM signal is pretty bad. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put WROO on an HD signal on one of their big power stations. It couldn't hurt them for a little more coverage area.

And in both of those cases, I don't think they'd have to pay any extra royalty fees.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom