• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ID stations with a PPM

I wish there was a way to identify stations with a PPM decoder. It would help during e-skip with every frequency filled and multiple stations per frequency.

Nick said:
I wish there was a way to identify stations with a PPM decoder. It would help during e-skip with every frequency filled and multiple stations per frequency.

I wonder how good the signal-to-noise ratio of the station received has to be in order for this to work properly. If the frequency is mixed with several stations fading in and out would one get reliable data?

Nick said:

Only around 1000 stations in the US are encoded, the other 13000 are not. At the moment, only about 15 markets and some of the peripheral stations are encoded.

Many radio stations use RDS. I've picked up KSME on 96.1 in Greeley, CO from Bothell, WA, and I could see RDS decode of the callsign.

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom