• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I don't think they are CHR/Mainstream so um......

T

-TJ-

<font color=3333ff>KOQL-FM 106.1 MHz
Ashland, Missouri
"Q106 The Hit Music Channel"

http://www.q1061.com/
Audio Feed:
mms://64.156.2.22:443/koql/24

When I got their skip from Missouri to Chicago the other month, they sounded very Rhythmic. Not so sure about their playlist though.
</font>

KOQL is a Rhythmic Top 40. As for their playlist, its alright.

BTW they are playing Madonna's "Hung Up", which is starting to pick up more airplay at Rhythmic(just added at WWKL/Harrisburg and KXJM/Portland, Ore.).

<font color=3333ff>There ya go.... add them to the webcast list!
</font>

> KOQL is a Rhythmic Top 40. As for their playlist, its
> alright.
>
> BTW they are playing Madonna's "Hung Up", which is starting
> to pick up more airplay at Rhythmic(just added at
> WWKL/Harrisburg and KXJM/Portland, Ore.).
>

> KOQL is a Rhythmic Top 40. As for their playlist, its
> alright.
>
> BTW they are playing Madonna's "Hung Up", which is starting
> to pick up more airplay at Rhythmic(just added at
> WWKL/Harrisburg and KXJM/Portland, Ore.).
>

WWKL appears to be shifting more mainstream (recently added Madonna and new Kelly Clarkson. They usually play hip-hop or dance remixes to pop songs, but these are original.)

I still remember when they used to play a lot of dance a few years ago. Quite a cool station back then. Then they dropped almost all of it for hip-hop, and now they seem to be trying to go more mainstream. The ratings were the best when they were hip-hop/dance.

WWKL isn't the only one suffering from Hip-Hop fatigue....

WRVZ/Charleston, WV just added Nickleback's "Photograph"(leading to indications that they're going that mainstream route soon).

Both KPRR and XHTO/El Paso seems to adding Dance product to their playlists lately.

And in North Carolina, both WIBT/Charlotte and WGBT/Greensboro have become Pop-friendly.

I get the feeling that when 2006 comes along the days of "Blazin' Hip-Hop & R&B" will really be burned out.

> KOQL-FM 106.1 MHz
> Ashland, Missouri
> "Q106 The Hit Music Channel"
>
> Website:
> http://www.q1061.com/
> Audio Feed:
> mms://64.156.2.22:443/koql/24
>
> When I got their skip from Missouri to Chicago the other
> month, they sounded very Rhythmic. Not so sure about their
> playlist though.
>
While this station does lean heavily Rhythmic, they do play non Rhythmic hits, especially during mornings and afternoond. Pretty cool station for such a small midwestern market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom