• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I’ve Posted a few Recent Radio Questions

I’ve Recently Posted a few radio Questions. But two about WHUD. Now Before you tell me to go to The Hudson Valley Board. Take a look there & see that I did. I find many Questions there get no reply at all. WHUD is one of the Top Stations in The Hudson valley. If I can’t get an answer there. Why ? Have a Hudson Valley Board ? When I asked my first Question about WHUD traffic. I was told to go to the Hudson Valley board. But Thankfully 😅 someone here saved me by mentioning that WHUD shows up in the NYC ratings & my Question was finally answered & somehow it turned into a pretty good conversation with different aspects involved too. So Why ? Have a Hudson Valley Discussion Board ?

That's not what the (volunteer!) moderators are here for, and it's not the purpose of that board.

This is a small community. If you post a question about a topic that others here are interested in, you'll probably get an answer from someone. If you post a question about something very specialized and nobody else in this small community knows the answer or is interested in the topic, you're unlikely to get much response.

That's just the way things go.

So Why ? Have a Hudson Valley Discussion Board ?
Because I created the board structure still in place here over two decades ago. There was a much broader userbase back then as there were more people working in the industry and caring about the day-to-day minutiae of stations back then. Some of the markets don't have that support anymore and the industry has changed enough to make certain markets not have many participants.

Some people also don't read the boards often and some posts take awhile to find someone who may have a response.
Maybe if you post this to the Questions About the Radio Discussions Website board, an administrator will answer your questions. It seems to be off-topic in this one.
Admins/Moderators aren't here to answer every question. That board is for questions about certain things about the site, that sometimes we may not know the answer to. We're just participants with a history with the site volunteering to keep things in line. When I launched this thing as a teenager back in 1997, it was for me to learn as much as I could about the industry. Now I try to give back where I can, but there are still things I'm learning too in my forties.

Admins/Moderators aren't here to answer every question. That board is for questions about certain things about the site, that sometimes we may not know the answer to. We're just participants with a history with the site volunteering to keep things in line. When I launched this thing as a teenager back in 1997, it was for me to learn as much as I could about the industry. Now I try to give back where I can, but there are still things I'm learning too in my forties.
Adding to that, I'll add that there is no way that any of us can read every post. And there are plenty of areas in which each of us is unfamiliar and unable to give answers.

The moderators are volunteers who give time and the benefit of their experience to keep the site running. We do this because we love radio, blemishes and all.

But, as Lance and Scott have said, there are many participants who will jump in and give added information and perspective to a topic. We try not to put too many restrictions in place because that would thwart the often interesting and entertaining off-track but valuable posts that many topics inspire!

But, as Lance and Scott have said, there are many participants who will jump in and give added information and perspective to a topic. We try not to put too many restrictions in place because that would thwart the often interesting and entertaining off-track but valuable posts that many topics inspire!
I have to agree with this last statement. A lot of the pleasure of participating in Radiodiscussions comes from seeing how a narrow topic meanders around, flowing into eddys and tangents. (Mixed metaphor, I realize.) As a really good example, read through the "Drake vs. Sklar" thread on the L.A. board. It began as a specific inquiry, but it's branched into some interesting side topics. That's true of many meaty areas within Radiodiscussions. (If you prefer a board where the moderator is a lunatic who shouts down anyone he disagrees with, or squelches anything he deems off topic, it's out there. This ain't it.)

Back
Top Bottom