• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HUR Stunting with Black Country

• Thread starter anatharadiorefugee
  • Start date
A

anatharadiorefugee

Hilarious! I guess one has to be creative when one loses a powerhouse network show. I hope they stay live andlocal instead of going with the Skip Murphy replacement tomorrow.

And its a wrap. I was certain it was an April fools joke. I like Mark and Troy. I hope they give them a chance to succeed. Good luck to two radio pros from a fellow old radio head. Rep us well brothers!

bringbackradio said:
According to Frank Ski's Facebook page, looks like the ex-morning show host of WPGC's sister in Atlanta is headed to WHUR next week.
He wants syndication and has gone out of his way to stress that he is not leaving Atlanta so why he is guesting on HUR who knows. I think that Marc Clarke and Troy Johnson end up in that slot.

Word has it that another big name will be cracking mic in this round of "auditions" too. I wouldn't give the edge to Marc and Troy too quick however they do have the leg up as they are already in the HUR system.

anatharadiorefugee said:
Word has it that another big name will be cracking mic in this round of "auditions" too. I wouldn't give the edge to Marc and Troy too quick however they do have the leg up as they are already in the HUR system.
I agree but Frank Ski is not a real candidate for this slot IMO. He has too many personel connections to the Atlanta area at this point in his life.

I'm certain it was intended in jest, but the fact is that Ray Charles' favorite music was a tie between country and gospel. He recorded two blockbuster albums of his country favorites, from which several of his biggest songs of all time came.

Also, when Chuck Berry was performing around the St. Louis area early in his career, he billed himself and his group as a "country act". He didn't know any better...that's what he thought he was playing. When you listen, he may have a point. Anyway, Leonard Chess didn't see things that way, of course, and Chuck was re-billed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom