• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Htc m9 VS iPhone 6s

Now that Htc came out with the Htc 10 they have dropped the price of the Htc m9 $499. I want to buy another phone, I have the iPhone 5s. Almost everything works perfect with it except the camera. I'm really unhappy on how pictures come out at night they are very bad quality and also that my phone runs out of space very fast while taking pictures and recording videos. Should I buy the HTC m9 or should I stick with the iPhone?

It really depends on what features are really important to you, mrtejano. If music is what tops the list of importance to you, the HTC M9 is the phone for you. With its "boom sound" dual speakers built in, I have yet to find a phone that can even come close to the deep, rich sound produced by this particular model. The biggest problem with the M9 is the same as what you mentioned on the iPhone 5s. Horrible camera. Be prepared for the camera to produce poor quality pictures, and drain the battery fast. The overall design of the phone is sharp, the display screen is bright, and is fully metal encased. You can even get it in gun metal, which for a fellow Texan, adds a little added bonus to the phone.

Overall, minus the camera, it's an okay phone. For music playback, it can't be beat. For taking video and pics, it isn't worth the price. Let me also caution you that as an Android, it has a big problem that all Androids are now having. It relies on Google Play Services, and the latest update for Play Services is horrible. It crashes constantly, pops up all kinds of error windows, and Google has gotten into the Spyware game over the last year. They want the permission to take complete and total control of every aspect of your phone, including making and receiving phone calls and texts, deleting and adding contacts, using and recording from your phone's microphone and camera, and forking over the birth rights of your first born child. No thanks. I've personally uninstalled everything that relies on Google Play because of their sudden all inclusive invasion, even though it kills of the use of certain apps like Maps and YouTube. All of these new permissions were added with the latest update, and I can do without the apps that rely on Play Services to operate, but others may find issue with not having these apps directly at their fingertips. I just absolutely refuse to allow a search engine have more control of my phone than I do. Google can take a long walk off a short pier. Shame on them.

You might also want to consider another of last years flagships, the Samsung S6. It generally got very good reviews and is regarded to have an excellent camera. Tech radar did dock it half a mark for the battery life, mind http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s6-1285636/review

Samsung 'skin' android with their own 'touch wiz', which is a good halfway house between Apple and pure Android. Not everyone likes it, but I do.

In the UK it comes out at a smidgin over 500 bucks at current exchange, with this price from walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-G...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n coming in slightly under that bar so it is in the ball park pricewise.

There may of course be cheaper sources overthere- I'll let others advise on that. Or you could take a punt on Ebay of course.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom