• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How would you make radio more exciting?

Clarification...

>
> Radio IS a business.
>
>
No.

The act of producing, creating or "being on the" radio is art. Plain and simple.

The act of selling air is business.

When act one take precedent over the other, trouble ensues.

Re: Clarification...

> >
> > Radio IS a business.
> >
> >
> No.
>
> The act of producing, creating or "being on the" radio is
> art. Plain and simple.
>
> The act of selling air is business.
>
> When act one take precedent over the other, trouble ensues.
>

In a perfect world, yes.
Try selling your 'art' next time the bank calls for a car loan payment.
And don't bitch at me when the scum in the sales department doesn't get you enough remote money.

Dude, I'm ON the air. I'm proud of what I do. But without sales, I'm no more an 'artist' than the wannabes that sit and talk into a paper towel roll in their basements.

RADIO--the combined efforts of ALL the professionals in each building-- is a business. Plain and simple. The point I was trying to make in the first place.

ART without commerce is--well, a wedding DJ? No--they're in the commerce business, too. Art without commerce is self-expression...and the antithesis of radio as a medium. Sorry. Still stand by my original comment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom