• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How to get a show on a stations

J

JCM

Hey there people... I have been working on getting my show picked up. I have talked to a alot of pds ans still no luck... I have been doing it for 7 months. What would be the best way to get picked up? Whats the best way to approach pds? or is it better to go to a radio network like superradio or jones network?

I would recommend on finding smaller AM talk radio stations to pitch your show to. First, listen to the station to find out if they actually play any local content as a lot of them just pull a satellite feed these days. Second, put a demo together on an audio CD and take it to the radio station office for them to listen to. Third, follow up.

You'll probably have to start out by doing the show for free (or a small percentage of ad revenue if you're lucky) and once you've done a few shows talk to the PD to find out if they have any connections with network providers.

As one example, I was involved with a computer show that started out just doing a 1 hour show Saturday mornings, they got a few shows together and emailed them to a small network provider (ones like TalkStar Radio or Accent Radio Network) and got a spot. Granted, the network feeds were one week delayed from the live program, but it was an awesome "in".

You won't be able to start with SuperRadio/Jones/USA Radio, but if you have a good show it shouldn't be hard to grow to that level.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom