• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How can 95.7 The Game Afford to hardly play commercials?

Is this a temporary deal that they can get away with only playing like 3-4 commercials at the most? Meanwhile KNBR etc plays what seems like 10-15 commercials every break, adn their breaks are far more frequent.

They have a 0.8 rating. who's listening? Why play commercials on a station no one is listening to.

Domino Rippy said:
They have a 0.8 rating. who's listening? Why play commercials on a station no one is listening to.

Commercials aren't a "why play?" thing. You can only play what you sell....and at a 0.8, they've probably got few buyers.

"A Temporary deal".... with who?

They are definitely spending lots of $$$ on billboards.
They must be in for the long haul. Just will take time to get the bay area to think of 95.7 for sports programming.

Domino Rippy said:

Whose Listening? I for one, they are much better to listen to than KNBR which is all Giants all the time, even with no baseball season. It's still ALL giants. They are AWFUL. So I am one of the listeners.

That's the problem it takes more than one person to be tuned in! Want folks to listen? Then go out and get a nice brand new high dollar sports car and fill the glove box with $250,000 cash or more! Then have a great scavenger hunt to find the keys! You might also throw in season ticket's for all the bay area sports teams too, and a series of date's around the world with a red hot momma to be determined by the top dogs at Entercom. lol lol TIC....

RadioStarOne said:
That's the problem it takes more than one person to be tuned in! Want folks to listen? Then go out and get a nice brand new high dollar sports car and fill the glove box with $250,000 cash or more! Then have a great scavenger hunt to find the keys! You might also throw in season ticket's for all the bay area sports teams too, and a series of date's around the world with a red hot momma to be determined by the top dogs at Entercom. lol lol TIC....

Station is still relatively new. You can't expect it to have huge numbers in a few months.

Yes, what they do have are no doubt rolled out of package buys from KOIT. It is sad that they feel forced to position themselves as a secondary station when in fact their signal and audio quality appear to be very good. I'm sure the book will start showing the sharing with KNBR since the breaks on KNBR are quite lengthy. I do find myself listening to 95.7 quite a bit and I'm a fan of Chris Townsend. I enjoy his passion for sports!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom