• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How are things at Clear Channel today?

They got rid of their only IT guy last week. Made up some phony charges rather than just laying the guy off. No severance after 17 years service.

This is only the second wave of 2012 budget "adjustments". More soon. give it another 4-6 months.

notalent said:
They got rid of their only IT guy last week. Made up some phony charges rather than just laying the guy off. No severance after 17 years service.

Ouch.

It's true except it is located in the relatively new CCRNYC facility.

They say its for the I Heart Radio, Premium Choice, and whatever other national formats... er brands...

And its "brand managers" instead of PD's now, dontcha know...

Ironically, Saga is doing the same name change with it's PDs

So I take it "PDs" are now "BMs".....Great......

Very classy radio........Very classy......

Is this truly the calm before the storm? I am told the fuse has already been lit.

Good luck to all.

From what I understand, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Look for the Premium Choice to be the next cram-down "initiative" in ALL markets. In the end, there will be 2 types of people: those that drink the KoolAid and those that are let go.

Good luck.

well looks like clear channel may just pull the plug on rush limbaugh since he has said more and more things that annoyed his advertisers. He has lost all but 2 advertisers so he might just be on the way out dont know for sure if thats true but it looks like its going that way

rmx77 said:
well looks like clear channel may just pull the plug on rush limbaugh since he has said more and more things that annoyed his advertisers. He has lost all but 2 advertisers so he might just be on the way out dont know for sure if thats true but it looks like its going that way

Not sure what's going on with Rush. I know he's been tanking the last few years (along with talk radio in general), but the Sandra Fluke backlash only accelerated it.

I think it's Cumulus that he's at war with. And no doubt the advertiser backlash has been painful. But to say "They're not working hard enough to bring advertisers to my show!" only goes so far when you've got a MASSIVE PR problem. And most national, regional and local advertisers don't want to be part of ANY controversy. Including indirectly.

Rush is 60+ years old. If he retired after his current Cumulus deal is finished, he could live very, VERY well for the rest of his life (provided he hasn't blown all that on Oxycontin, cigars and gold plated microphones.)

Bongwater said:
rmx77 said:

Not sure what's going on with Rush. I know he's been tanking the last few years (along with talk radio in general), but the Sandra Fluke backlash only accelerated it.

I think it's Cumulus that he's at war with. And no doubt the advertiser backlash has been painful. But to say "They're not working hard enough to bring advertisers to my show!" only goes so far when you've got a MASSIVE PR problem. And most national, regional and local advertisers don't want to be part of ANY controversy. Including indirectly.

Rush is 60+ years old. If he retired after his current Cumulus deal is finished, he could live very, VERY well for the rest of his life (provided he hasn't blown all that on Oxycontin, cigars and gold plated microphones.)

thats right. i spaced it. well it will be a good thing when he is gone. he has bashed to many over the years. maybe there could be a better replacement

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom