• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HOT 975 - Bismarck

radiofan19 said:
A "true" Top 40 station would play Miley Cyrus' "7 Things" and Metro Station's "Shake It".

Hot 97.5 didn't even touch those.

uhhh... 10 year old girls like Miley Cyrus! I don't think Hot 97.5 is too concerned with the 10 year olds. If they wanted "teen" or "kids" numbers, why would they have an "old school" lunch that plays 80's and 90's music? I think they are after the "at-work" adult audience during the day and lean younger at night because the adults aren't listening to the station. Besides, Hot 97.5 wouldn't make any $$ targeting teens anyway! I wouldn't say they are too rhythmic either. When I do tune in, I don't hear a lot of rap music. From what I can tell, they play a lot of newer rock music that no one else in town plays. Sure they do play rap music...most Top 40 stations do and a lot of Top 40 stations play more rap at night and on the wekeends..just like Todd mentioned. That's normal. I think they do a fine job targeting the 18-34 audience in Bismarck. Todd does a great job with Y93 targeting the 25-54 audience. I think Y93 is a good sounding AC station. Together, I think Hot 97.5 and Y93 serve the Bismarck market well.

So 10 year old girls are what got Miley Cyrus TOP 20 on the official Mediabase chart? Maybe they do have more power than we thought... :eek:

Hot 97.5 plays NEW rock music? Pfft. Try Alternative music that's Hot AC leaning. No way in hell it's rock. And I wouldn't call them "new" either. ::)

"7 Things" and "Shake It" are the poppiest songs this year. A true Top 40 station wouldn't ignore them. FYI, Hot 97.5 played "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus. no one cares if she's for 10 year old girls, I know tons of older people who like her music.

I think we need another Top 40 station in town.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom