• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot 100.5 To Get "The Vibe"

Maybe they should've named it 100.5 "Black" Jack FM....;)
Urban Adult Hits as opposed to Urban AC? I guess you were correct, neosolbrudda! As far as the launch date tying into Juneteenth, I'm afraid that went completely over my head. Best of luck to the former Hot 100 employees that lost their gigs and good luck to the new regime as well. Like I said earlier, this music isn't for me, but at least it's generated a conversation on the otherwise quiet Virginia board.

Isn't the point HOT AC and Z104 and Hot 100 CHR? All three stations probably overlap on playlist though
To be candid, I haven't listen to terrestrial radio in awhile. There was overlap among the three stations you mentioned. Hot was a bit closer to PTE than Z. I listen to The Pulse on SXM which I believe is very close to the old Hot 100...

Hot shared the most cume with The Point...
Isn't the point HOT AC and Z104 and Hot 100 CHR? All three stations probably overlap on playlist though
I also thought that Hot and Z were both CHR and that The Point was Hot AC. But I admit I haven't listened to either of those stations for quite some time. There have been times when CHR and Hot AC playlists shared a lot of songs and other times when there was a greater divide. I don't know what the deal with either format is now.

Both Z104 and Hot 100 were listed as being CHR and they tied with a 2.8 in the last book. As for the actual differences in what they played, VARTV said in a post above that Hot 100 was closer to Hot AC. It would be great if someone could share some playlists so that we could see the differences. I listened to Z104 from its debut in 1982 until around 2007, well after I had aged out of the demographic. I never listened to Hot 100.

WNVZ Z104 Playlist: Z104 On Air Playlist
(click on Calendar Icon at bottom of web page to view earlier dates)

WPTE 94.9 The Point Playlist: 94.9 The Point On Air Playlist
(click on Calendar Icon at bottom of web page to view earlier dates)

Unfortunately I can not find a link to a past playlist for what was WVHT Hot 100.
Although as mentioned above, it previously leaned in somewhat of a Hot AC direction,
judging by the list below it was in line with CHR in 2022.

From Mediabase.com (via AllAccess.com), Hot 100 Top Songs (by spins/plays) for the year Jan.-June 2022:

WVHT-FM Norfolk (100.5 FM)
Owner: Max Media PD: Tone Hollywood MD: Tone Hollywood
January 2022 through June 2022
Rank Artist Title
1 LIL NAS X Thats What I Want
2 GLASS ANIMALS Heat Waves
3 DOJA CAT Woman
4 LATTO Big Energy
5 DOJA CAT Need To Know
6 JUSTIN BIEBER Ghost
7 IMAGINE DRAGONS Enemy (From League Of Legends)
8 POST MALONE & THE WEEKND One Right Now
9 THE KID LAROI & JUSTIN BIEBER Stay
10 ED SHEERAN Shivers
11 GAYLE abcdefu
12 ADELE Easy On Me
13 LIL NAS X & JACK HARLOW INDUSTRY BABY
14 ED SHEERAN Bad Habits
15 DOVE CAMERON Boyfriend
16 HARRY STYLES As It Was
17 LIL NAS X MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)
18 OLIVIA RODRIGO good 4 u
19 MEGAN THEE STALLION & DUA LIPA Sweetest Pie
20 CAMILA CABELLO f/Ed Sheeran Bam Bam
21 ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA Cold Heart
22 CHRIS BROWN X YOUNG THUG Go Crazy
23 EM BEIHOLD Numb Little Bug
24 DUA LIPA Levitating
25 JACK HARLOW First Class
26 24KGOLDN f/Iann Dior Mood
27 TATE MCRAE she's all i wanna be
28 THE WEEKND Save Your Tears
29 CHARLIE PUTH Light Switch
30 MACHINE GUN KELLY & BLACKBEAR My Ex's Best Friend
31 ARIANA GRANDE 34+35
32 LAUREN SPENCER-SMITH Fingers Crossed
33 ARIANA GRANDE positions
34 HARRY STYLES Adore You
35 HARRY STYLES Watermelon Sugar
36 THE WEEKND Blinding Lights
37 THE KID LAROI with Miley Cyrus Without You
38 ACRAZE f/Cherish Do It To It
39 OLIVIA RODRIGO deja vu
40 ADELE Oh My God
41 DOJA CAT f/The Weeknd You Right
42 GIVEON For Tonight
43 NEIKED X MAE MULLER X POLO G Better Days
44 DUA LIPA Don't Start Now
45 THE WEEKND Sacrifice
46 LIZZO About Damn Time
47 DUA LIPA Break My Heart
48 THE ANXIETY, WILLOW/TYLER COLE Meet Me At Our Spot
49 DOJA CAT f/Sza Kiss Me More
50 TATE MCRAE You Broke Me First
Currents & Recurrents. Updated
This is an abbreviated Mediabase Report. Access to full report available at Mediabase.com
© 2022 MEDIABASE All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:
Hilariously, I've never heard one song on Hot 100's year-end list! I am, however, vaguely familiar with the artist who came in at number 21 (LOL).

I looked at the other lists of current songs and, other than the Kate Bush anomaly, readily admit that I'm so far removed from today's singers and songs that the lists didn't provide any clarity for me. I'm interested to know what people with a better grip on the situation have to say.

Anyway, thanks, pjc1961!!

Almost all are familiar to me since they have/are getting air time on SXM's The Pulse. Interesting to see Z's playlist. Figured it would lean Rhythmic... nope!

The Vibe has taken The Wave's calls (WVBW). 92.9 is now WTVW

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom