• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Go Gone?

Go FM, WHGO, 105.9 Pascagoula, is stunting with a "Perfect Paul" robotic countdown clock. ("T minus one day, x hours....etc.") WKRG Mobile reports they are doing "routine maintenance ." ::) According to KRG, a GO representative said they will be "finished" with their maintenance Friday at 3p. Anyone know what's going on?

This sounds like a switch to Jack FM. The only real way to know is to ask a station DJ if they still have a job. It is similar to the switch Fly 92.9 Dayton, OH made in 2007.
http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?topic=84542.0 <--That is the discussion thread from the switch
In case you were wondering why someone from the Dayton area would care, some conspiracy nuts think it is an alien/government/pirate thing and are spamming it everywhere to 'get the truth out.' ::)

That count down isn't exclusive to Jack FM... A station in Huntsville did the same thing a while back before flipping to country. But Jack may be a good bet. I don't think the one in the Mobile-Pensacola market reaches any of the MS coast.

WYOK 104.1 (The Mobile Jack) reaches into South MS on a good day--It's problem is having to battle with the 104.1 out of Houma--WYOK sends a monster signal into Florida. I think it could easily reach Biloxi everyday if not for the Houma station. But even if YOK can't be picked up on the MS Gulf Coast, to me, it still seems too close for another Jack, but who knows--We'll see. T-minus.............

jrshow said:
In case you were wondering why someone from the Dayton area would care, some conspiracy nuts think it is an alien/government/pirate thing and are spamming it everywhere to 'get the truth out.' ::)

Speaking of that, people must have freaked out when they heard this “mysterious atomic-sounding countdown” yesterday because Channel 5 Mobile said they were getting calls from people wondering what was going on. :D

I was in Mobile today and got a chance to sort-of listen to 105.9 (very scratchy.) Turns out, in addition to the countdown, every 30-60 seconds, the voice utters a quip like:
"I'm to sexy for my shirt"
"May the force be with you"
"I was born and raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast"

...That kind of thing. I thought that was hilarious. For some reason, that voice has always cracked me up anyway up with the bad inflections and everything. Anyway, that kind of "wit" does sound very Jack like. However, they are using Microsoft Sam (I called it Paul earlier), so could there be....Sam in the future? We‘re ‘bout 24 hours from finding out.

Yup, I've heard that, too on other stations. The first time I came across something like that, it was on an "unfamiliar frequency" for me, so it was extra mysterious. Being a weak and scratchy distant signal only made it more intriguing. It's definitely an interesting way of stunting, that's for sure!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom