• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Glenn Beck suspended by SiriusXM over a Guest Rant

This only affects his Sirius show. His OTA radio show, syndicated by Premiere Radio, continues.

As per above article:

One of the most popular shows in conservative talk radio, "The Glenn Beck Program" is heard on more than 400 stations across the country.

The program's syndicator, Premiere Networks, said Tuesday it has "no plans to suspend Glenn Beck."

No question Beck is a certified looney tunes (lower case 'l' and 't') but wouldn't this fall onto his producer or the person who is tasked with hitting the delay button if questionable statements are made? Or do they not do that on Sirius/XM?

No question Beck is a certified looney tunes (lower case 'l' and 't') but wouldn't this fall onto his producer or the person who is tasked with hitting the delay button if questionable statements are made? Or do they not do that on Sirius/XM?

Essentially all talk shows are on delay all the time to allow deletion of profanities. But the delay does not allow censoring, as it is just a few seconds. It was Beck's job alone to respond to the content and stop it. There is no button you can push t here.

An satellite is not bound by the profanity prohibitions of terrestrial radio since it is a subscription service.

I would love to hear the clip but from clicking the link to read the story, I feel like it is a real stretch to say the guest advocated violence. I got the impression that if Trump overstepped, he felt congress would not act and it would be up to the people to act. That is assuming lots of things: if Trump oversteps, if congress won't act. Neither event happened. For someone to reach that conclusion would make me strongly urge they not to listen to The Beatles song Helter Skelter, especially backwards!

It really has nothing to do with what side of the political fence one is on. If you simply read the article, you really have to pile on to come to the conclusion violence was advocated. Watching a horror film with a friend years ago, the friend asked if I ever thought about the writer of the movie? For them to write it, are they thinking like the doer of such evil deeds? In other words, if you think this way, does that mean you are much like the person that took action, except that you never followed through with action? And the fact you'd think that way, is that something that should scare you about your capabilities? Maybe it makes you a person who simply has a deeper understanding of people and how their minds work.

I, for one, would question your assessment of Glenn Beck.

Here's the URL link to audio of the whole conversation posted on Breitbart. Judge for yourself.

http://www.*************/video/2016/05/25/brad-thor-glenn-beck-trump-tyrant/

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom