• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fort Myers, FL Gives Hot Talk Another Try

Congrats to K-Rock Zito and Garrett for making the jump from music morning show to full talk show. Bob Garrett is an old friend and my mentor from WYNF in Sarasota, which after Bob went to Cincinnati later became "Real Radio 105.9". Listening to their show brings me back to the days when my show was on Real Radio in Sarasota.

In Sarasota, they flipped WYNF back to music after only a year and a half and despite good ratings, especially for a rimshot that didn't even make it into North Sarasota or Bradenton. It was the lowest rate in the pack of CC's FMs and the salesmen didn't know how to sell controversy. So, the plug got pulled.

I hope Beasley succeeds where Clear Channel failed. Way to go Z&G and have a blast with the FM hot talk audience - they are an interesting bunch.

It's interesting that starting next week, 102.5 The Bone in Tampa, not very far from Fort Myers, is going to convert to all talk, dropping the rock music they've played outside of Bubba The Love Sponge, whose flagship is The Bone, and the afternoon Cowhead show, which is "Number 1 in Fort Myers".* Outside of Bubba and Nick and Artie at night, The Bone and K-Rock's lineups are different.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom