• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Format Wheel

Its like what it must be like if you have a loved one on death row, hoping to God a stay of execution comes thru before the needle goes in or the acid drops...or, best of all, if a commutation comes thru...or even a full pardon and quick release based on new evidence!

With the low numbers it does seem like it is only a matter of time until KLSD disappears. Sad. I believe it has the most loyal listeners by statistical measurement, longest average listening time per day. And as bad as the numbers have been, splitting the sports audience with XEPRS could only be worse. 1040 or 1240 might be interested. I sampled Mr. Larson's 1700 last night...indifferent at best, but even way up there at the end of the dial a loyal, dedicated audience from 1360 would probably follow along gladly. And politically, what could be more unwise than shutting down your left eye when your ship of state is sailing into the storm...a perfect storm...created mainly by hallucinations from the right.

I think the braintrust up on Granite Hill actually expected Premiere to just take Jim Rome and Fox Sports Radio away from 1090 and hand it to them. That hasn't happened. Seems they couldn't woo ESPN away from its current home either in thime for the baseball playoffs. This left them with Dan Patrick (who's show has yet to debut in Sandy Eggo), no local hosts, no live events, and only the on life-support Sporting News Radio to fill the rest of the day.

Just one possible sceneario.

here is something as a shocker.101 kgb playing red hot chilli peppers and nirvana??anyone have any idea what is going on?? ???

RadioFanBoy said:
I think the braintrust up on Granite Hill actually expected Premiere to just take Jim Rome and Fox Sports Radio away from 1090 and hand it to them. That hasn't happened. Seems they couldn't woo ESPN away from its current home either in thime for the baseball playoffs. This left them with Dan Patrick (who's show has yet to debut in Sandy Eggo), no local hosts, no live events, and only the on life-support Sporting News Radio to fill the rest of the day.

Just one possible sceneario.

Or scenario : ;D

It is interesting the KLSD is no longer airing Air America News...and is now running ABC News as its network news on the hour. I've never quite understood since I heard that if KFMB-AM is still going to be affiliated with ABC News.

CBS News still doesn't seem to have a home here in San Diego...although NBC (in name only through Westwood One) is at AM1700.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom