• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

For those looking for a bargain

For those looking to dabble in Part 15 Am, the folks over at i A.M. Radio are having a year-end blowout of the Talking House transmitter with real estate accessories for a steal of $99 plus shipping. It's a great way for someone to pick up a brand-new FCC certified AM transmitter for a C-note.

You can find them all over Ebay for $50 or less. So why would I pay $99, or more for them?

LowPayDJ said:
You can find them all over Ebay for $50 or less. So why would I pay $99, or more for them?

Hmm, how about a warranty for one, along with being the latest version of the unit? I suppose if you don't mind an older version unit and are willing to take a chance on its condition that's fine. From what I've seen them go for on ebay it's not much more to get a new one while they're having their year-end special.

Well I have bought Five of these on Ebay, each for around $50. All were like new, and work fine. So spend that extra money if you got it to blow. :D I'll be buying more of them off Ebay later this year after I have bought some other goodies that I need to do what I need to do.

WARRANTY MEANS A LOT!

I stopped buying electronics from ebay altogether unless it's something that is no longer produced and we absolutely need it.

We've been burned on sound cards, software and hard drives... Not going to make the same mistake again. josh

Warranty and ebay doesn't seem to mix well at times. I purchased an Invonics 222 audio processor where the seller claimed in his auction "will not arrive D.O.A." and guess what? It was dead! Luckily it was only a power supply regulator but some sellers have no ethics whatsoever.

To get a year's warranty along with a heavy discount makes the purchase of a new unit pretty attractive, at least in my mind.

Perhaps if one is skilled at electronics and already has the service manual in hand (don't take the seller's word for it that "the manual is in the box"; it might only be the instruction manual). And be sure that parts are available for the electronics just in case repairs are needed - certain custom microcircuits and displays may no longer be available. Would hate for anyone to get stuck with a 'boat anchor'.

OUr choices for electronic equipment : RF SPECIALTIES & Broadcast SUpply Warehouse. It's where the majority of owners such as myself shop. josh

Of all the Ebay purchases I've made, I've only been burned once. And I made him my pet project, and made that guys life hell for quite awhile. I'm sure that I was the last guy he ever tried doing anything like to. ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom