• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week: 97.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
kw - Melbourne FL

This is usually overshadowed by WPCV 97.5 in Winter Haven FL....

WWXM - Garden City SC - Mix 97.7 Contemporary hits - 2014

WTLQ-FM - Punta Rassa FL - 97.7 - in Spanish //WTLQ-AM 1350 - 2011

Wilmington Delaware

WAFL Milford DE (Eagle 97.7) with HOT AC. Their transmitter is on the Kent/Sussex county line so it puts a good signal into Central and Southern DE but just a fringe signal into New Castle County. The signal is strong enough to show RDS information on my HD radio but not strong enough for a HD signal.

Retro - Back in the mid-90's I used to drive to the DE beaches on Sunday and on the way back I'd listen to WAFL because they had a syndicated Dick Bartley 70's program. The signal held good all 100 miles back to Wilmington from the beaches despite it being a Class A station. There are no strong stations on 97.5 or 97.9 in the area to splatter on to 97.7.

Tyler TX:

It's a battle next door to a local. Mainly KALK Winfield "K-Lake" with classic hits, but KGFZ Lufkin (the third leg of ERFET's Spanish language Contemporary Christian "Fuzion") is nearly as common. San Antonio's KZAR "Air 1" has also been popping up here more often in recent weeks. Also have KICM from Ardmore, OK. logged on this frequency. It's much less common. Good frequency here in Tyler.

Hartland, VT:

WSNI Keene, NH, "Sunny" adult contemporary. Decent signal despite not even appearing in the "fringe" listing of stations audible in this area at Radio-Locator.

Meriden, CT:

W249DY Waterbury, translator of WATR(AM) Waterbury. Local talk mornings, AC the rest of the day on weekdays; weekends feature two oldies shows, a polka show and an Italian music show as well as the generic autopilot mix of adult contemporary tunes.

South Mississippi:

closest station is WTYL Tylertown, MS which broadcasts a country format, although I have never been able to hear it.
KDLC Dulac, LA - Rock 97.7 usually comes in whenever there's tropo, and e-skip has brought in
WAVK Marathon, FL - 97.7 The Zone (sports)
CHTZ St. Catherines, ON - 97.7 HTZ-FM Southern Ontario's Best Rock

Oakland, CA - KJLV, EMF's K-Love from Los Altos. Formerly KFFG, a repeater for San Francisco's KFOG (RIP).

Denver, CO - K249EX, cross-service translator for KBNO, aimed at the west side of the metro. The east side of the metro might get Radio 74 Internationale's KPLS-FM if they get their upgrade built.

Historically - the original home of the FM station licensed to Fulton, MO, originally KKCA, shuffled post-80-90 and now KTGR-FM at 100.5. The 97.7 dial position in mid-Missouri is now KPOW-FM, LaMonte (Sedalia), which managed to find just the right spot for a C1 signal that reaches Columbia and nearly reaches Kansas City. It's a locally owned classic-rock station with a deeper playlist than many.

East Tennessee: Really nothing with powehouse WJXB next door.

Retro/other: Dayton, Ohio. It was one of the homes of WSWO-LP, and sometimes took interference from WTGN, Lima, which was semi-local in my home area.

Up until several years ago, I could DX WAFL from Milford, DE to Southern New Jersey.

Now, I can only get W249CM, a translator of WSJO's HD4 subchannel (all religious all the time).

Manchester area, UK: Radio X, a national rock music network, from the City Tower transmission site in the very center of the city. It used to be one of the tallest structures in the city, which is why it was established as a transmitter site in the 1990s, but Manchester's skyline has grown over recent years and City Tower is now very unremarkable among all the other skyscrapers. It now sits as just the 17th tallest building in the city (note how many of these have 2022/2023 completion dates, we're on the up!).

At launch, this service was a Manchester offshoot of London-based alternative music station XFM, with its own local programming all day. I had this launch sequence on tape when it was originally broadcast, but have long since lost it, so thanks to the internet I can hear it again, with its list of what a then much more parochial Manchester saw in itself in 2006:

Last edited:
Nothing in PDX due to KLVP IBOC hash.

Decade ago you could get KOMO-FM(now KNWN-FM) in most of the north end and Vancouver areas of the metro.

“Vancouver to Vancouver, Cascades to the Coast”

Here on the coast of Maine it's WNSX Winter Harbor/Bar Harbor/Ellsworth; "Star 97.7"" Smooth Rock and Roll. Transmitting with 50KW from Black Mountain, Sullivan Maine.

Oakland, CA - KJLV, EMF's K-Love from Los Altos. Formerly KFFG, a repeater for San Francisco's KFOG (RIP).

Denver, CO - K249EX, cross-service translator for KBNO, aimed at the west side of the metro. The east side of the metro might get Radio 74 Internationale's KPLS-FM if they get their upgrade built.
Update - K249EX does pretty well near the Denver - Aurora border.

Central Kansas:
A blank frequency locally, but can occasionally receive KSNP Burlington.

North Iowa:
Occasional reception from KCRR/Grundy Center and KHBT/Humboldt.

Central Kentucky:
W249DJ the translator for WWTF 1580, Georgetown with an active rock format. The 1580 signal runs 10KW directional, days, 46 watts at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom