• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week: 93.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning...

WBGF - Belle Glade FL - Revolution 93-5 - Dance mixes - 2018 - most commonly heard

Distant (retro)
KMYK - Osage Beach MO - 93-5 Rocks - Classic rock - 2013
KKOT - Columbus NE - 93.5 The Hawk - Classic hits - 2011
WOZZ - New London WI - 93-5 OZZ - Classic rock - 2009
KRSS - Tarkio MO //KIHS-FM Cont. Christian - 2007

I have not heard anything from the Midwest, or Great Lakes areas since 2022, only the area along the east coast from Jacksonville (FL) to about Cape Hatteras has produced any tropo lately....

kw - Melbourne FL

Upstate SC, strong adjacent interference from both 93.3 (WTPT) & 93.7 (WFBC).

However sometimes during tropo there's 93.5 WARQ from Columbia SC, or 93.5 WYFQ (BBN) from Wadesboro / Eastern Charlotte area, NC

Central Kansas:
Weak to very weak reception from KDGS/Andover. Otherwise, occasional, slightly stronger reception from KKDT/Burdett.

North Iowa:
Occasional reception, albeit very weak, from KCVM/Hudson.

Denver, CO -
Nothing, just HD spillover from 93.3 KTCL (Fort Collins but transmitter west of Denver on Lookout Mountain).

East Tennessee: Spanish language rimshot WKZX, Lenoir City which can sometimes be overtaken by WAXM, Big Stone Gap, VA. Getting closer to Gatlinburg it's all WAXM. In a Facebook group, an engineer for WAXM indicated that if he took the station down, he'd get WKZX.

Retro/other: Dayton, Ohio area. Sometimes WMXQ, Hartford City. I have gotten WAXM on some really good tropo days (particularly with hot, stagnant air).

In north Puget Sound, splatter from KJR-FM 93.3 Seattle and CJJR 93.7 Vancouver. I have gotten KOZI-FM Chelan a few times.

South Mississippi:

usually empty frequency due to HD sideband of WQUE New Orleans
WMPK Summit, MS - Supertalk Mississippi
KLKC Parsons, KS - V93 (adult hits)
WHMI Howell, MI (classic hits)

It's a pretty useless frequency here in Rochester NY - local WFKL 93.3 is on the first adjacent, though with no HD. When CBCP across the lake in Peterborough was on 93.5, it was fairly regular here, but it moved to 98.7 and now gets buried under the HD of our local 98.9.

WVBR in Ithaca is the nearest on the channel, but doesn't overcome the terrain to get here. Same with CFXJ Toronto, which is fairly low power.

Wilmington Delaware

93.5 is wedged in between 2 locals - 93.3 WMMR Philadelphia and 93.7 WSTW Wilmington. Since Delaware is a small state I can usually pick up every FM class A or B station in the state but 93.5 WZBH in Millsboro is the only one I can't hear. It has 50000 watts but has a directional signal keeping its' coverage area in Sussex and southern Kent County. It also doesn't help that WSTW's transmitter is 3 miles to my NE and causes harmonics on some of my cheap radios.

KOZI from the Bellingham/Mt. Vernon area? Wow! I'm surprised they made it at all! I'm guessing tropo scatter and/or aircraft scatter from a plane coming from CYVR (i.e. Vancouver)?

From Yakima, no KOZI Chelan, but I do get a weak signal from KTRI Royal City WA (Country) in some spots. It's the parent signal for K272ED on 102.3, Tri-Country. Big D & Bubba in morning timeslots. The signal is decent enough on the hills above downtown Selah to cue the RDS. In other spots, there's a barely audible signal from KACI The Dalles OR (Classic Hits). KOZI is often heard in Ellensburg mixed with KTRI. Lots of E-skip as well on this frequency; KSCR Benson MN, KDAY Santa Monica and KJAX Jackson Hole WY are three examples. KJAX is one of my closest E-skip logs ever at only 526 miles.

KOZI from the Bellingham/Mt. Vernon area? Wow! I'm surprised they made it at all! I'm guessing tropo scatter and/or aircraft scatter from a plane coming from CYVR (i.e. Vancouver)?

From Yakima, no KOZI Chelan, but I do get a weak signal from KTRI Royal City WA (Country) in some spots. It's the parent signal for K272ED on 102.3, Tri-Country. Big D & Bubba in morning timeslots. The signal is decent enough on the hills above downtown Selah to cue the RDS. In other spots, there's a barely audible signal from KACI The Dalles OR (Classic Hits). KOZI is often heard in Ellensburg mixed with KTRI. Lots of E-skip as well on this frequency; KSCR Benson MN, KDAY Santa Monica and KJAX Jackson Hole WY are three examples. KJAX is one of my closest E-skip logs ever at only 526 miles.
KOZI does come this way by scatter (More frequently in the late summer)

Hartland, VT:

WEEY Swanzey, NH, carrying WEEI-FM Boston's sports programming.

Meriden, CT:

Splatter from rhythmic CHR WZMX Hartford on 93.7.

In Wilkes-Barre(Northeast PA), it's mostly strong bleedover of adjacent country WSJR 93.7 Dallas and the 93.3 "Word FM" translator. I do not remember getting anything else on this frequency, however driving up towards the Wyoming Valley Mall off Rt. 309, some traces of the WICK-AM "Mothership" oldies translator from Scranton comes in.

Tyler, TX:

Most common is KDVY Crockett, a Christian preaching and teaching satellite from Houston Christian Broadcasters. Was a country station for many moons.

Less common is "The Coyote" KIKT Cooper. Targeted at Hunt County (mostly Greenville, just east of the Metroplex), with...you guessed it...a country format. Originally KGVL-FM, the sister to 1400.

Nutley, NJ Semi Local WNVU New Rochelle, NY
Tropo* Unsure about WZBH Millsboro, DE. I need to try for it this upcoming Spring/Summer. I'm far enough from WNVU and I've had WXDE Lewes, DE (same area) under WQXR, so it's very possible

Central Kentucky:
W228CL Frankfort.
Translator for WKYW 1490, playing a CHR format.
Originally was "Passport" radio (classic hits) but that format was moved to 102.1 (WKYL) and 103.7 (WFRT) for better coverage.

Nothing here around Columbus, Ohio, next to classic hits WODC on 93.3.
In my college town of Toledo, it's classic hits 93.5 WRQN. It's technically a rimshot, transmitting from around Haskins, south of Toledo in northern Wood County. City of license is Bowling Green, Wood's county seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom