• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FCC Engineering QUestion

E

EvanRadio2005

I've tried looking up two stations in the FCC database..

WWTM 1400 Decatur, AL (which might show up as DWWTM)
WKKM 1540 Harrison, MI

WWTM's GM says the deletion was an error.

Radio Locator shows WKKM as being in 1540, licensed to Harrison, MI but when you type in WKKM, DWKKM or Harrison, MI nothing comes up. Is this an FCC Database error?

> I've tried looking up two stations in the FCC database..
>
> WWTM 1400 Decatur, AL (which might show up as DWWTM)
> WKKM 1540 Harrison, MI
>
> WWTM's GM says the deletion was an error.

> Radio Locator shows WKKM as being in 1540, licensed to
> Harrison, MI but when you type in WKKM, DWKKM or Harrison,
> MI nothing comes up. Is this an FCC Database error?

Well "Radio-locator" is not the most accurate site around. So I'd first stop relying on it.

There is no WWTM license found because it technically doesn't exist. If you go to the FCC's CDBS main page, and type in 'DWWTM', it shows the renewal was cancelled b/c the station is operating under an STA. Because the CDBS info has not yet updated on the FCC's main database pages, and the station doesn't have a license but only an STA, there is no information there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom