• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Erick Erickson on WSB Evening News

Hi - I'm a listener of WSB radio (95.5) and while I do enjoy the live and local sound during the afternoon drive, I'm not a huge fan of Erick Erickson. My politics tend to be more Libertarian so the constant gay marriage and abortion rants get old real quick. Now the question I have is that Erickson has briefly made reference to his schedule and his uncertainty on how long he will be able to continue with his current schedule (Fox News, his website, his schooling, and the show). Any clue if he is still in contract and if so, how long. Would it make sense that Von Haessler may be getting tested on the weekends for a possible prime time show? I haven't listened to Von Haessler yet but it just seems like Erickson is so preachy and the topics tend to be all about the social stuff which gets old quick. I just see Haessler as someone who would be better at entertaining the afternoons and callers.

Great idea.

It may not be his views I dislike as much as his lack of interaction with the listener. He can go a whole show without even taking a phone call and the show just tends to be very deep political/religious talk. He needs to find a pulpit if that is the direction he wants to go. There is also an obvious disconnect between him and Boortz on these issues and Boortz has been vocal on it via his twitter.

EE uses the same format/formula Limbaugh does. He rarely take calls, then when he does he blows them off in a hurry because they take away his mike time. Frankly I can't stand those monologists I thought "talk" radio involved "conversation" and an exchange of ideas. not harangues and lectures.

It may not be his views I dislike as much as his lack of interaction with the listener. He can go a whole show without even taking a phone call and the show just tends to be very deep political/religious talk. He needs to find a pulpit if that is the direction he wants to go.

When EE is calm, he sounds very knowledgeable and interesting. When EE gets excited, he sounds like a kid with a cold and is good for a laugh. One seems to cancel out the other in the long run.

In his defense, however, the format of his program being on afternoon drive gives him almost no time for interaction with listeners (Just say it, and move out of the way for traffic.). That kind of format makes him rush, and rushing gets him excited.

I listen to EE in a separate room because I don't want to catch cold.

When EE is calm, he sounds very knowledgeable and interesting. When EE gets excited, he sounds like a kid with a cold and is good for a laugh.
. . . . . . . .
I listen to EE in a separate room because I don't want to catch cold.

Give Trusty EXTRA POINTS and a gold star on his report card for a very good description!

Kid with a cold.... please keep your distance!

As to your other observation: ALL Talk Radio folks seem to have their calm, seemingly very thoughtful and logical moments, then they tangle with a caller, or tangle with a topic in the news of the day and they get all excited and assertive and "thoughtful and logical" take some battle injuries, and then they have moments or days when their excitement and assertiveness are just completely above the maximum reading on the Richter Scale and audience members who are thoughtful and logical (not all listeners are) have to stop and mutter: "If your thoughtfulness and logic" are on-target, if they are accurate, why do you have to constantly toss in fireworks and explosives? Are you not confident in your message?"

I know. "It's Show-Biz". What can I say.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom