• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eric Chase

stoshman said:
http://www.mcall.com/sports/columnists/groller/mc-finetuning-0118-20120118,0,3445815.column

Great reading if you like guys who love to talk about themselves and i enjoyed that chase didn't have much of an emotional connection to the Lehigh Valley and that he's a radio 'mercenary"..........that'll win friends and influence people...........yeah i imagine putting ryan seacrest on the air was your brainchild too............

Well this piece of cheese says don't let the door hit you on the way out. What a horrible thing to say about people in the Lehigh Valley. And before we allow revisionist history to invade the papers, B was built by Brian Check and Laura St. James. It was just fine and didn't need a face lift. You just happen to ride the wave for a couple of years Mr. Chase. Those are the facts.

Funny how Chase says that B104 needed a facelift when he arrived in November 2006 and how he "took on the task"...considering that (as I recall) the Fall '06 ratings showed the station at #1 across the board and Laura St. James was the PD through the end of April 2009. As Seltzer mentioned, no facelift was needed.

Stosh said it perfectly. Eric Chase's comments might be the kinds of things you say in a confidential job interview when you're looking to advance your career beyond the Lehigh Valley, but you NEVER, EVER say those things to the media. This is basic inexperience and letting himself get an outsized ego. He may WANT to be a "fixer" and a "radio mercenary" because he thinks that would be COOL, but there is absolutely no evidence of him actually being one.

Just saw this on allaccess.Carma will getch ya.
Sports WDFN-A/DETROIT PD/afternoon host ERIC CHASE has left the station :D

Sounds like the same stupidity an Allentown PD once told me, after I "opened my mouth." He said that he was going to take advantage of the PD job just like the guy before him and the next guy after him. Yes, we all knew that. But to throw it in someone's face and make it even more obvious will also not win you too many friends or co-workers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom