• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Elon Musk says a new Twitter CEO is starting in six weeks

The entrepreneur has announced that a replacement chief executive will start at Twitter in roughly six weeks. While he hasn't identified the new leader by name, it will be a woman. Musk will stay on as executive chairman and chief technical officer covering "product, software and sysops."
Musk said in December that he would honor the results of a poll asking whether or not he should bow out. He didn't give a timeline, but did say he would leave as soon as he found someone "foolish enough to take the job." He also said he would relegate himself to running software and server teams. He has also abided by the outcomes of other polls for major decisions.
It's not clear how much practical control Musk will have following the leadership shuffle. While he'll no longer be CEO, he'll still have significant influence over Twitter's technology and board decisions.

Elon Musk names NBCUniversal's Linda Yaccarino as Twitter CEO​

Elon Musk has hired former former NBCUniversal executive Linda Yaccarino as the next Twitter CEO.

"I am excited to welcome Linda Yaccarino as the new CEO of Twitter," Musk, the current Twitter CEO, tweeted Friday. "@LindaYacc will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology. Looking forward to working with Linda to transform this platform into X, the everything app."

Yaccarino's appointment comes as the platform has been in turmoil, with mass resignations and some companies pausing advertising, since the Musk acquisition in October.

She previously spent 11 years with NBC Universal where she most recently had been chairman of global advertising and partnerships at NBCU. She resigned from the role earlier Friday morning.

It's not clear how much practical control Musk will have following the leadership shuffle. While he'll no longer be CEO, he'll still have significant influence over Twitter's technology and board decisions.

Anyone who has ever worked for an owner knows how much practical control he will have: He will have as much control as he WANTS to have. He will define that as he goes. My guess is he will continue to represent twitter in public. He will be the one in press releases and at events. The CEO will be involved mainly behind the scenes in revitalizing advertising.

" LindaYacc will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology."

Translation: "I never wanted to do any actual work. I just wanted to boss around and fire employees and troll users."

" LindaYacc will focus primarily on business operations, while I focus on product design & new technology."

Translation: "I never wanted to do any actual work. I just wanted to boss around and fire employees and troll users."
Exactly. Elon will never allow anyone to take center stage, especially for something like Twitter. Elon hired Linda for her advertising client-contacts, and experience with Peacock. Just as with Tesla and SpaceX, Linda's role will always be a few seats on the bus behind Elon.

It appears that Musk's selection is universally disliked and isn't trusted by those on either the far left or the right..Should be interesting!

Leftists and liberals noted that in 2018, Donald Trump appointed Yaccarino to the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition. While it’s not a particularly damning connection to the embattled politician, she also follows a number of right-wing extremists on Twitter, from the anti-LGBTQ account Libs of TikTok and conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec to attorney Lin Wood — a former Trump lawyer known for his connections to the QAnon movement and pushing the lie that the 2020 election was stolen. She also follows @Catturd2, a popular pro-Trump poster who consistently amplifies far-right propaganda.

Yet these same right-wingers are also mad about Yaccarino coming aboard at Twitter. One reason the MAGA crowd disapproves is that she collaborated with the Biden administration on a Covid-19 vaccination campaign in her role as chair of the Ad Council. Vaccine skeptics who rely on Twitter to spread health misinformation were livid when they learned of her record on the issue. It didn’t help that Yaccarino is also executive chair of the World Economic Forum, an international lobby for corporate interests that sits at the center of many right-wing conspiracy theories. Steve Bannon was among those to complain that Musk had given the CEO job to a “Davos Globalist” — referring to the Swiss mountain resort where the WEF holds an annual conference — calling the move “a joke” in a post on the social network Gettr.

New Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino Reveals Plans to ‘Build Twitter 2.0’​

“I see I have some new followers,” Yaccarino tweeted to her more than 319,000 followers along with a wave emoji. “I’m not as prolific as @elonmusk (yet!), but I’m just as committed to the future of this platform. Your feedback is VITAL to that future. I’m here for all of it. Let’s keep the conversation going and build Twitter 2.0 together!”

truth be told, the new CEO will be nothing more then a puppet CEO and Elon is the cyber-dictator who still makes all the dumb decisions that have hurt Twitter since he took over. and i don't see her lasting too long as if she makes him mad, he'll fire her as he's a very petty person.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom