• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Electronic "Getting Away With It"

Does anyone remember any rock or Top 40 stations playing the above cut when it was released as a single in 1989?

For those not in the know, this group was a side project of New Order's Bernard Summer and featured Neil Terent of Pet Shop Boys on Lead vocals. This wasn't just an electro rock song, it had great production and mix down and featured ochesteral strings.

Great song and sadly a generally forgotten one too.

I personally don't remember it well...but '89 was a year of Milli Vanilli, Phil Collins, FYC, New Kids, Paula Abdul so it got lost in the hype machine. Peaked at #38, but may have been bigger in the U.K. There are several postings of it on youtube with several hundred thousand views, so you're not the only one who remembers it! www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5AJWi-Fiw

Sumner sang lead vocals on the song and Tennant was on backup vocals. I think Johnny Marr of the Smiths was involved in the group as well.

qid937 said:
Does anyone remember any rock or Top 40 stations playing the above cut when it was released as a single in 1989?

For those not in the know, this group was a side project of New Order's Bernard Summer and featured Neil Terent of Pet Shop Boys on Lead vocals. This wasn't just an electro rock song, it had great production and mix down and featured ochesteral strings.

Great song and sadly a generally forgotten one too.

The former WOHT Jackson played it in medium-to-heavy rotation.

I recall the old Power 108 (CHR) in Cleveland playing it regularly. Still have the cassette single too :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom