• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

E-Skip in Myrtle Beach

Just IDed WFDX, 92.5FM, Atlanta, MI as one of 4 stations fighting for the frequency. Looks like a good night is underway!!!

Add KJJY, Des Moines, IA

That was quick. Almost as soon as it started, it's gone. For now. Heavy t-storms moving in.

92.5 WFDX Atlanta, MI "The Fox" (Classic Hits) 100KW-C1 826.6mi
92.5 KJJY West Des Moines, IA "Big Country" (Country) 41KW-C2 973.8mi

IDed WFDX at 7:20PM EDT, KJJY at 7:40PM EDT.

Not much else on the FM band.

Good catches!

Since I'm on the west coast, I can't get any E-skip at the moment, but picked up something "KINK soundin'" on 101.9. KINK is in Portland, OR, 158 miles from my house, with a Triple A format. So, it was actually "Triple A soundin'". Also heard someone mixing with JR FM on 93.7.

-crainbebo

crainbebo said:
Good catches!

Since I'm on the west coast, I can't get any E-skip at the moment, but picked up something "KINK soundin'" on 101.9. KINK is in Portland, OR, 158 miles from my house, with a Triple A format. So, it was actually "Triple A soundin'". Also heard someone mixing with JR FM on 93.7.

-crainbebo

Do you get much trop on the west coast? Never DXed there.

Yes, I do get tropo, mainly about 8-11AM or 9PM and later. I get E-skip occasionaly, by chance.

-crainbebo

crainbebo said:
Yes, I do get tropo, mainly about 8-11AM or 9PM and later. I get E-skip occasionaly, by chance.

-crainbebo

Bunch of stuff from Kansas (Kansas City specifically), Missouri, and Nebraska (KKJK from the Grand Island area) was making the trip into Southern New Jersey this evening (around 6:45-7:30p).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom