• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Don Brown is back!

C

chuckfoster

I was very happy to see a story online this morning that the guy who gave me my first legit radio gig, Don Brown is returning to Central Maine airwaves!Don was there for mornings at 1280 WABK/Gardiner in 1969 for sign on and on different frequencies and call letters up to 6 months ago. The non-compete is over and Don will be on 93.5 out of Waterville. Theres a story at the WABI TV site. Congrats Don!

http://www.wabi.tv/news/36546/the-familiar-voice-of-don-brown-returning-to-local-radio

I did not even make that connection. Joe is a pro who does great work, and is tops at self-promoting. But Don is an area legend, and quite a catch for 93.5. Maybe Wave should consider going live with Joe.

Hi...I've been Asked to Stay on at TRUE OLDIES 93.5 Mid-days but want to Concetrate my efforts on ELLSWORTHS New POWERHOUSE Station 93,7 THE WAVE ....Yes I do It LIVE IN THE MORNINGS... JUST with a 5 minute Delay WWW.937thewave.com

I WILL STILL BE AT 935True oldies till the end of The Month MID-DAYS Maybe Longer..GREAT CARING OWNERS
DON BROWN ALL THE BEST!

Just remember The Sqeaky Voice non Trained Announcer who works for minimium Wage is Not The answer Either..
Maine Radio Has TOO MUCH of That You Mostly are the ones who Post...All the BEST...Unemployment is great while it lasts

chuckfoster said:
I was very happy to see a story online this morning that the guy who gave me my first legit radio gig, Don Brown is returning to Central Maine airwaves!Don was there for mornings at 1280 WABK/Gardiner in 1969 for sign on and on different frequencies and call letters up to 6 months ago. The non-compete is over and Don will be on 93.5 out of Waterville. Theres a story at the WABI TV site. Congrats Don!

http://www.wabi.tv/news/36546/the-familiar-voice-of-don-brown-returning-to-local-radio

I thought non-competes were illegal in Maine, or at the very least, voided if you were let go. Something change in the last few years?

Happy New Year True! Last I knew, non-competes are only valid if the person is paid for the length of the contract. Otherwise, not legal in Maine.

I have on "fair to good" source(s), he was paid. Had to make it seem "mutual" to collect 6 month or so balance from off air date. You guys who know me can probably figure out the source. I too would like to welcome Don back. I do not remember a time he was not on air in Augusta market

SomeRadioGuy I must disagree about Joe's delivery. I have found his quick, relateable talkups refreshing and something that has been missing for quite some time. I know it is prerecorded, and the tracks are too hot over the music (on 93.7), but it works. You can tell he is local and not doing the same show on 400 other Cumulus stations. He can tell a story about something he saw on the way to the store, and be into the record in 15 seconds or less. A station playing sweeper after sweeper will not connect with listeners like that.

Thats just my opinion from listening. Never met the guy, and from his writings here, I will concede he lost a few marbles along the way.

Great news on Don Brown!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom