• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Does anybody know of any leads for Air Talent positions in Phoenix

cacrobert

Inactive
Inactive User
I need some help, I want to get back to work in the Phoenix Market and I was wondering if anyone knows of any air talent positions here. I started my career in radio here in Phoenix at KVRY 1047 and then left after KMXP went automated in 1998. Please help

Thanks

Robert McDonald Aka Bobby Hernandez

Well, pick your speciality, pick up the telephone and call the maybe half-dozen people who make decisions on hires.

Let's see, there's Clear Channel, CBS plus Sandusky and Bonneville radio. They have all cut their on air staffs to the extreme's this past year. All you can do is call the PD's and get it straight from them. Good luck.

Ummm....yeah. Now's probably not the time to think about getting back in the business.

Bobby,

I would look at medium or small market stations... They may not make you rich.. Bilingual Production talent, and on-air is still
really the only thing that may get you in the door in those markets.

The Beave

Wouldn't hurt to call a PD . Just be brief:) A handful of part time positions probably exist in Phx..more so in promotions . You may end up driving one of Sandusky's station vehicles to a designated 'van-hit' or remote . You may want to look on the administrative side too, such as : sales,traffic and various other duties. You may be able to land part time on air gig . Not too many full time on air opps in Phx . On another note , I hear CC is about to 'unload' outside of Top 50 CC mkts in January . Hold on tight !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom