• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Do Your Passwords Contain Radio Stations?

H

Hot Hits

With so many Passwords over the years I have found myself using all sorts of Radio Stations for my various online accounts. I've never had a problem. Would a Crook know how to crack such secret passwords as KLSX971FM

With so many Passwords over the years I have found myself using all sorts of Radio Stations for my various online accounts. I've never had a problem. Would a Crook know how to crack such secret passwords as KLSX971FM

Wouldn't take a crook with a computer or computers long to crack that one, simple alphanumeric, all uppercase letters, and fairly short. I use passwords even simpler than that on sites like this, where nothing of value to me can be accessed by a hacker, but any login I have to a website on which I conduct financial transactions is far more complex. Still, I know that no password is uncrackable given enough time and technology, so stay safe as best you can.

To answer the OP's question no, I don't. That being said for certain things I have a bad memory, so I have a notepad next to my laptop containing the different passwords to the different websites I use. What I hate is how certain websites require you to change your password every 60 to 90 days. Two different places I have been trying to obtain employment at does this.

When I was employed by Stop and Shop we had to change our password every 60 days. With the user name and password from any computer at the store or at home we could access our information. - Check out the current week's schedule, check your previous work schedule, check your benefits, print your pay stubs if you had direct deposit, etc. It was such a pain I just started using the same password just changing two numbers at the end every 60 days.

Hobby Lobby. That was a pain. They're old fashioned so they don't have scanning technology. The have regular computer where you have to type every price in and department and then check the ad to see if a discount applied. And press a button for the proper discount. The passwords to login last 90 days. One day I didn't realize that the CAPS LOCK button on the computer at my register was on and after three login fails I was locked out of my account and the manager had to go in back and reset my account with a new password.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom