• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Disney to Reboot 'Mary Poppins' with Director Rob Marshall

Disney and Rob Marshall are developing a live-action musical featuring beloved nanny Mary Poppins, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap Monday.

Marshall will direct. John DeLuca and Marc Platt, who worked with Marshall on “Into the Woods,” will serve as executive producers. The big-screen version of the Steven Sondheim musical was a hit for Disney last year, grossing more than $210 million.

The new Poppins film will take place in Depression-era London, some 20 years after Disney’s 1964 classic starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van ****, and will draw from existing Poppins tales in the rest of author P.L. Travers’ children’s book series.

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-to-reboot-mary-poppins-with-director-rob-marshall/

Well, there go the fun, goodness and wholesomeness of Mary Poppins. Already they have started calling her simply "Mary". Somehow, having read a number of the articles it seems that it will be someone's little sheltered workshop art project, and some will ooh aaaah, coo and sigh over everything but the stories themselves.

"Epic autocensor FAIL."

I've removed the word from the "banned" list. Just be careful how you use the word.

They just couldn't leave it alone, cound they?

^-- Epic autocensor FAIL.
On another site I used to go to the man's name was **** Van ****.

"American Experience" on PBS had a two-part program about Walt Disney. They showed clips from the original movie and I just can't imagine it any other way. And yet Walt wasn't the good clean wholesome person we think he was.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom